Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Firstly, let me clear this up. The YT Decoy goes straight into the top few ebikes that you can buy right now. Looks? Stunning. Performance? Outstanding. But what makes this bike stand out from the huge amount of ebikes that have recently been released? Read on to find out exactly why I love this bike.

The all new YT Decoy. One of the most ambitious projects that the YT Industries team have released to date. I was invited to the launch of the bike in the south of France and spent a few days learning about the bike and riding it in the beautiful French mountains. So lets take a deeper look into the bike, the technology and design then take a look at how the bike performs.

YT Decoy Development

YT could have released an electric mountain bike a year ago. Easy. Just buy a motor and battery package from Shimano. Make some modifications to an existing frame (Capra / Jeffsy), bolt on the motor, pop the battery on the front triangle and ship it to the consumer. Job done, YT have...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Where’s the spaff emoji when you need it?

Looks like another bike to add to the shortlist.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Is this a Levo killer? But looking amazing
The Levo would suit more trail oriented riding. The Levo has an excellent motor / integrated package. The YT is great for more gravity / enduro riding. Extra travel, slacker, more stable at higher speeds going down fast...

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I really like the though they have put into maintenance and working on the bike, something that is a common theme with YT over recent years, to get everything so well integrated yet still accessible is a big plus.

Also at 5999 for the top model, that is a hell of a good price when compared to what else is out there

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I really like the though they have put into maintenance and working on the bike, something that is a common theme with YT over recent years, to get everything so well integrated yet still accessible is a big plus.

Also at 5999 for the top model, that is a hell of a good price when compared to what else is out there
I agree, £5999, full carbon, Di2, carbon wheels, Fox Factory.

But I think the sweet spot is the Pro version at £4999. It has the Fox DPX2 & Fox 36 which are basically the same internals as far as i'm aware, just no Kashima coating, alu wheelset.

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
Rob - so what did the mismatched wheels feel like?
Thats the biggest disappointment I saw. I would have loved it to be 27.5x2.6 front and rear.

Value is incredible. Pro race is arguably better spec than an £10k S-works, and £5k pro is better spec than the £8k top end Norco...

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Rob - so what did the mismatched wheels feel like?
Thats the biggest disappointment I saw. I would have loved it to be 27.5x2.6 front and rear.

Value is incredible. Pro race is arguably better spec than an £10k S-works, and £5k pro is better spec than the £8k top end Norco...
You don't notice that they are mismatched when riding it. Its likely that they went with a 27.5 on the back to keep the chainstay as short as possible. I did ask if you can fit a 29er, they wouldnt advise it. In fact, it wouldn't pass the CE testing with a 29er in it due to clearance.

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hungary/Bosnia and Herzegovina

James_MTB

Jan 15, 2018
"I bloody loved it" haha, don't think I've ever read that in a mainstream website review

Which area of France was it (i know it says the South!)?

Thanks for keeping it real

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Any thoughts on how it compares to the Kenevo? Seems fairly similiar geo, with a bit more reach and steep seat tube (one of my minor complaints on the Kenevo). My guess is a smidge less capable on the steep, chunky DH - and probably a bit more everywhere else?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Any thoughts on how it compares to the Kenevo? Seems fairly similiar geo, with a bit more reach and steep seat tube (one of my minor complaints on the Kenevo). My guess is a smidge less capable on the steep, chunky DH - and probably a bit more everywhere else?
It's around 3KG lighter (If I remember correctly the Kenevo is around 25KG), it feels far more agile than the Kenevo.

Vandal

Jan 21, 2019
United Kingdom
ooh just seen the video @Rob Hancill you looked well stoked to be riding that, just a thought because someone will ask, can it take a set of fox 49 forks I wonder? I'm sure the Capra can so we just reduce them down to 180mm and you have an absolute weapon,
nice video too , do I want a Yt or a canyon mmn .........

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles