YT Decoy Elite...

Hale_Storming

Oct 14, 2020
Munich, Germany
I’ve just ordered an elite. Anyone else received theirs yet in UK?
I’m looking at ordering a pro 29 as well as they have those in stock, but unsure whether to compromise on spec, although apart from shocks and rims which could easily be changed I don’t see a lot of difference?
Whichever bike you get I advise you take it to your LBS and ask them to check its been built okay. From my experience, YT quality control is nonexistent. Everything came loose on my frist ride, from spokes, crank arms, you name it, it was loose. Plus, the rear mech hanger had been bolted on the wrong way and chain was far too long. I've also read posts in this forum with YTs being delivered without the motor connections fitted.

Ultimately, you pay for what you get. Very slow supply chain, poor customer service and nonexistent QC...but you do get a good spec bike for the money.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Whichever bike you get I advise you take it to your LBS and ask them to check its been built okay. From my experience, YT quality control is nonexistent. Everything came loose on my frist ride, from spokes, crank arms, you name it, it was loose. Plus, the rear mech hanger had been bolted on the wrong way and chain was far too long. I've also read posts in this forum with YTs being delivered without the motor connections fitted.

Ultimately, you pay for what you get. Very slow supply chain, poor customer service and nonexistent QC...but you do get a good spec bike for the money.
I ha e absolutely zero issues with my Decoy Elite that I've been shredding on for ~2 months. Its always a good idea to check the basics on any bike you buy, albeit one should expect a bike that is ready to rock right out of the gate. Have purchased many bikes over the years from LBS's and encouraged some of the issues you stated. Purchased a new Specialized Turbo Levo S-Works 2 months before my Decoy and it was in the shop more than on the trail. No issues again lately.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles