YT Decoy delivered damaged advice

nikojenks

Jun 7, 2020
UK
My Decoy Pro 29 finally turned up today after quite a long wait considering it was in stock.
But the excitement quickly vanished when I found this. Seems the mech hanger has rotated and dug into the seat stay, splitting the carbon.

IMG_4315.jpg

There was no damage to box or packaging, so can only assume it was damaged before it was shipped.

Have emailed YT with photos etc, but responses seem pretty slow so called them, but sat on hold (with their really annoying hold music) for over an hour and half and didn’t get through to anyone.

All pretty disappointing really.

I understand there is a YT guy in the UK, does anyone know how to get in contact with him?

Last edited:

SteveLazy

Jul 9, 2020
Hungary
Hi! This is strange, my Decoy also arrived injured. My box was also intact, so the damage occurred before packing. I sent an e-mail, with pictures. I got answer about two weeks. I received some compensation, a 60 euro voucher and a new brake rotor.

IMG_20200617_175432.jpg

nikojenks

Jun 7, 2020
UK
Hi! This is strange, my Decoy also arrived injured. My box was also intact, so the damage occurred before packing. I sent an e-mail, with pictures. I got answer about two weeks. I received some compensation, a 60 euro voucher and a new brake rotor.

View attachment 35460

The damage on mine was so severe I was advised not to ride it, to return it and YT said they'd send a replacement out asap once they saw the parcel tracking was active.
After a week they still hadn't dispatched the replacement (the bike I returned had been successfully delivered). By this point I had lost all faith in their customer service. All I could think about was what if there are issues with the next bike now or in the future, I couldn't face having to deal with them again so decided to cancel the replacement order and got a refund. Credit to them they processed the refund pretty quickly.

Got a Levo SL instead, took 2 days to get hold of it and I did some customisation.
Couldn't be happier.

IMG_4401.jpg

Last edited:

nickfrog

May 22, 2020
UK
It's the second time in a few weeks that the same area of a Decoy arrived damaged with no damage to the box. My assumption is that is was put in the box already damaged. Not good if that is the case.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles