YT Decoy availability pushed back one week to Oct. 9

Ozone08

Sep 17, 2019
Cheshire
yeah iv had that error if you boot the bike up whilst peddling on another Shimano E8000 bike Its nothing to worry about

jabberwocky

Sep 9, 2019
Leesburg, VA
I've had the same error when I've sat on the bike with weight on the pedals while turning it on. As others have said, just keep weight off the pedals while booting it. Seems like the torque sensor needs the cranks to be neutral while initially booting or it tosses an error.

Pabs

Jul 27, 2019
London
Came home to find my charger box here today :)

20191026_193149.jpg

I'm expecting the bike to show up Monday now. Mucho excite(y)

Pabs

Jul 27, 2019
London
I thought I did, but I actually don't. I had two tracking numbers, but I also ordered a t shirt and the Decoy polo at the same time. The second number turned out to be the clothes. No bother, logged on to my YT account, see a third tracking number, typed into DHL site and no results found.....hmm, maybe I'm inputting it wrong or something. Not super worried, if its not here by midweek I'll mail. Off for a ride on the acoustic with my YT
t shirt on :p

Pabs

Jul 27, 2019
London
Having snapped a carbon rear triangle on a normal mtb, I thought It best to opt for the base with the added weight of an emtb and plan to upgrade as I go. I'll build it up totally stock tubes and all, for the first ride. then go tubeless & swap tires and go from there.

Pabs

Jul 27, 2019
London
Little update. No delivery yet. Found the right tracking details but they had not been updated since Saturday and showing still to be in Germany, and I've checked quite a few times today. Then just got a DHL text say its coming tomorrow :)

Pabs

Jul 27, 2019
London
Box sustained a bit of damage during shipping, bike seems to have survived.
20191030_174143.jpg

20191030_184655.jpg

Needed to swap brakes to the correct motorcycle/UK orientation, fit the rear mech, wheels, pedals and handlebars. Two wires to connect to the display and your golden.......oh no, wait.....
20191030_185917.jpg

I don't know why YT doesn't ship the battery with the initial delivery, missing a trick and I'd be out on the bike already. Quality of the bike looks good, only thing I've seen so far I'm not happy with is the front tyre isn't a max grip, was only planning to initially swap out the rear tyre. Overall happy though (y)

Crash

Sep 19, 2019
Austin, TX
really nice I cant wait for mine! as for the knocking cut strips off the foam that's in the second picture, take the battery off and sandwich the foam between the battery and the fame.
I added the foam to the battery compartment but it turned out to be a loose headset. Noise problem was remedied with adding an additional spacer.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles