YT Decoy availability pushed back one week to Oct. 9

Crash

Sep 19, 2019
Austin, TX
I wanted to let anyone who purchased their decoy in the past few weeks with the posted "Available from Oct.2", to know that the delivery of the bikes was delayed for a week. Below is the prompt reply from YT Industries.

Monday, September 30
"Thank you for reaching out to YT!
Your Decoy is confirmed to be arriving to our facility next week.
There was a minor delay when leaving Taiwan.
Once here, your bike will be processed in our warehouse and then shipped within 2 business days
As soon as the shipping label is created, you will receive the FedEx ground tracking number in an automated email.
Good times are on the way!"

Contrary to some of the other posts I have read, YT (USA) has been very responsive to all my questions over the past few weeks. Let's just hope that they'll stick to the new date. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
They told me the same thing. I’m in the same “boat” lol. Every time I order a bike, it is 100% delayed. I guess just factor it in.

Mauko

Jul 16, 2019
Finland
They told me the same thing. I’m in the same “boat” lol. Every time I order a bike, it is 100% delayed. I guess just factor it in.

I got mine early. When I ordered it was Oct 26, but I’ve been riding for three weeks already. So I guess three options, early, on time or late

Hol47

Sep 28, 2019
Uk
Anyone in Europe will have a slight delay last week due to YT doing stock take and no orders being fulfilled. My CF Pro was due 2nd October and they said would be shipped 9th October now.

Crash

Sep 19, 2019
Austin, TX
I will post when I get notification of shipment from FedEx.—hopeful that will be the end of the week.

Hol47

Sep 28, 2019
Uk
Anyone in Europe still waiting for dispatch? Apparently they are still doing a stock take and won't ship this week and can't confirm when they will be able to...

Ozone08

Sep 17, 2019
Cheshire
ordered my CF PRO on 2 Oct (was listed as in-stock and still listed as in-stock since) and got an email saying..
"hello, Unfortunately, we had to postpone dispatch of your bike to calendar week 44 since bikes of this batch couldn't be assembled yet. we kindly ask you for your patience."

Kind of annoys me that it was listed as in-stock at the time of purchase and despite them obviously not being able to fulfil orders on time they are still listing them as in-stock as we speak. So any would be buyers out there, dont assume YT's definition of "in-stock" is the same as ours.

Hol47

Sep 28, 2019
Uk
ordered my CF PRO on 2 Oct (was listed as in-stock and still listed as in-stock since) and got an email saying..
"hello, Unfortunately, we had to postpone dispatch of your bike to calendar week 44 since bikes of this batch couldn't be assembled yet. we kindly ask you for your patience."

Kind of annoys me that it was listed as in-stock at the time of purchase and despite them obviously not being able to fulfil orders on time they are still listing them as in-stock as we speak. So any would be buyers out there, dont assume YT's definition of "in-stock" is the same as ours.
In Europe/UK? I ordered from same batch but they said mine is assembled but they can't send yet.

Ozone08

Sep 17, 2019
Cheshire
In Europe/UK? I ordered from same batch but they said mine is assembled but they can't send yet.
UK yeah, they sent me a second email after that saying..

"We, as a manufacturer, are always partly dependent on our suppliers. As soon as a delay occurs , this unfortunately triggers a chain reaction that is difficult to predict. Currently, there is a short delay of a few weeks for the completion of your bike. We try our best to dispatch the bike as soon as possible"

This is a complete guess but i think they are probably waiting on batteries either way i really dont understand why they are still listing them as in-stock knowing that it isn't the case.

Ozone08

Sep 17, 2019
Cheshire
I made my order last night, then read this thread, lets see how long this takes!
they only sent me those emails after i got in-touch with them as i hadn't heard from them at all after i made the order other than the order status "the order is in process" on the website. So if i was you id send them a message asking for confirmation of the delivery date. keep us posted

Crash

Sep 19, 2019
Austin, TX
they only sent me those emails after i got in-touch with them as i hadn't heard from them at all after i made the order other than the order status "the order is in process" on the website. So if i was you id send them a message asking for confirmation of the delivery date. keep us posted
Got the bike today!! YT has been spot on with the information they've given. As you've said though you have to be proactive in getting the info.

Also, it is worth noting, for the delivery/communication, that I'm in the US.

Hope you get your bike soon.

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
Got the bike today!! YT has been spot on with the information they've given. As you've said though you have to be proactive in getting the info.

Right on Crash! Did you get your tool case first? Im expecting a package tommorow, dont know if its bike or tool box!

Ozone08

Sep 17, 2019
Cheshire

awesome! YT have been radio silent in regards to my bike, last email was Tuesday last week. id love to know the reason mine is going to take 3 weeks more to get here despite me a 3000 miles closer to YT than you boys

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
UK yeah, they sent me a second email after that saying..

"We, as a manufacturer, are always partly dependent on our suppliers. As soon as a delay occurs , this unfortunately triggers a chain reaction that is difficult to predict. Currently, there is a short delay of a few weeks for the completion of your bike. We try our best to dispatch the bike as soon as possible"

This is a complete guess but i think they are probably waiting on batteries either way i really dont understand why they are still listing them as in-stock knowing that it isn't the case.

Because people place an order and YT worry about the delivery delay issues after they have your money!

Crash

Sep 19, 2019
Austin, TX
Right on Crash! Did you get your tool case first? Im expecting a package tommorow, dont know if its bike or tool box!
It came in one package (basic bike box) that included the toolkit. Everything was seamless except that I had to add additional spacer to take up slack in head set assembly.

Crash

Sep 19, 2019
Austin, TX
I didn't take many pics at all — to preoccupied with assembling/riding. But here's a before and after.
It's a beast! The first day easily rode 20 miles on intermediate trails to get it dialed in. Still need to fine-tune suspension. Also, there is a pronounced knocking noise coming from the battery on harder hits that will need to be remedied. Suggestions?

IMG_20191015_143002.jpg

IMG_20191014_161225.jpg

Ozone08

Sep 17, 2019
Cheshire
really nice I cant wait for mine! as for the knocking cut strips off the foam that's in the second picture, take the battery off and sandwich the foam between the battery and the fame.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles