Levo Gen 3 Your first ride impressions Levo Gen 3

Pauliemon

Sep 14, 2020
Northern California, USA
What was your first ride like? I've been riding a SL for about a year. When all my buddies went our and bought full fats I found myself in the dust (once again). So I purchased a Gen 3. My first ride was great! I love this bike! I cleaned my first problem area on my favorite trail. Right then I knew, "wow this sled rocks!". It's 2 big roots on a sharp short up. I can never make it up and over them. It's right after a turn so momentum is the problem. My buddy Curtis and I were chatting it up as we rode. I kind of forgot about it until I rounded the corner. "Oh shit!" I believe was the phrase I used. I couldn't fail with Curtis behind me so I went for it. Cleaned that punk! I'm pretty sure I used the doo doo phrase once again at the top. Great first ride, cant wait for the next.
20220806_125736.jpg

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
I'm loving mine, after a few initial minor issues with the Magura brakes and a glitch with the Mastermind TCU. It's definitely HEAVY, which I notice every time I load it into the truck, but I don't feel that weight on the trail at all. It handles extremely well and balanced.

unclezz

May 3, 2020
CZ
I am not riding that much because of some health issues but my first ride was: wow! I liked my TL a lot. But the second ride was the best one. Wentf or a short local trail and it was super nice uphill and even better downhill.

Before riding it downhill I thought that I had to save some money to upgrade brakes (I run Magura Mt7 on my MTB) but I admit that code RS are not that bad as I was reading.

So far I am very happy of this bike.

Pauliemon

Sep 14, 2020
Northern California, USA
Definitely agree Rick. Once the pedals move it feels good. I got caught on a uphill with the power off. I kept missing the "on" button. I was weavin' and weezin' and finally hit the button. Braaap!

Me too unclezz. I'm recovering also. But mainly I haven't done jack didley since December. With the exception of a couple bike rides virtually nothing. That's changed, time to Boogie. Totally agree with you on the RS brakes. They were pretty nice. Bummer though, I've got a set of XT 4 pots in waiting.

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Have had three Meridas and an eZesty before the Levo. It’s fantastic. Weighs the same as my last Merida but with more battery so I’m OK there. Have already had two motor failures (noisy belt issue). Took a bit to get the set up perfect but now…… :)

Also have a set of XTR 4 pots waiting to go on.

Gordon

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
I'd ridden a norco with a Shimano e8000 and it was a bit small for my frame for 3yrs before I got my Levo. At first it felt massive and a bit of a shock, thought I'd made a mistake but now after 1000ks it feels awesome, the motor power is insane. Only thing I'd change is the front wheel, the 29er is great for bombing down the rough stuff but I just preferred the flickability of the 27.5. Most of the trails around my area are more tight twisty stuff.

Pauliemon

Sep 14, 2020
Northern California, USA
ROOF RACK! You'll be skipping the gym workouts.
20220811_171458.jpg

My latest purchase. I don't like advertising "hey look at my really expensive bike". Especially in my hood. But it's better then the wrestling match I had loading it in the Kia. Also now I can put the rear seat back in. Just like a normal human.

brigcampbell

May 30, 2022
SoCal
Would love to have a trailer hitch but I have an Audi Q5 and the hitch cost $900. Then I need to purchase the bike rack.

I bought a rockymounts rooftop rack. Works great. Just need a step stool and a reminder hanging from the rearview mirror when the bike is up top.

Saw a guy drive into a garage with a bike on top. You don't want to make that mistake.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
I’m waiting on mine to get here, supposed to ship on Monday so I’ll have it either Tuesday or Wednesday. It’s my first ebike and honestly the first time in a long time that I’ve been excited about getting a new bike.

Pauliemon

Sep 14, 2020
Northern California, USA
I’m waiting on mine to get here, supposed to ship on Monday so I’ll have it either Tuesday or Wednesday. It’s my first ebike and honestly the first time in a long time that I’ve been excited about getting a new bike.
Let's us know how the ride goes. When I got my SL it was instant love. It was on a climb of course. The first ride on the Gen 3 was the same, instant love.

Dago

Dec 5, 2020
Michigan
The mullet set up should be standard on all MTB but fir pure XC. It is closest thing to a dirt bike set uo(21 front 18 rear) and works very well. Getting quite a good range as most hills I use ECO and turn it up high for fast sections, with level jumps and quick up and downs, berm stuff, etc.

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
Got mine out for it 1st ride yesterday, but have been riding my friend for the last 2wks, so knew what to expect. I’ve come from a gen2 levo & though heavier, the gen3 rides so much lighter. Did 5000miles (90% off road), so was very happy with my old one, but a single quick test of my friends, was enough to know I needed to upgrade. That mullet setup, just works. My first ride, in stupidly hot weather (for the uk) & the local trails turning to sand pits, I managed 4 top tens, & wasn’t going flat out. Their an impressive bike, though the power is definitely down compared to the old one, but you get more miles out of the same battery…

Pauliemon

Sep 14, 2020
Northern California, USA
IMG_4474.jpg

Second ride still have that "lovin' feelin'". Fairly fast pace out. Flat dirt road to the trails. Trails are tight and twisty with lots of little rock gardens. The bike was flawless, I was not so flawless. My buddy Downtown Brown took the bike down one of the downhills. The hook is set, Specialized should pay me. For comparison I rode his Levo Gen 1. BIG difference! Man that Gen 1 turns! 27.5 f&r with low bb. I was pedal striking all over the place in the rocks. Pretty cool bike but I wanted my Gen 3 back at the bottom. I think Downtown wanted to keep it.

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
This is it.
I just ordered a dummy battery cover. Will be dlivered in a while but I think this will help quite a lot!

Where did you get this ?

I Like taking my battery out in winter as I dont feel the icy cold air at 130km/h is that good for the battery, so keep in in the warm car and load it when Im about ti ride.

Would also help th bike rack when I have 2 ebikes in to bring the weight down.

unclezz

May 3, 2020
CZ
Where did you get this ?

I Like taking my battery out in winter as I dont feel the icy cold air at 130km/h is that good for the battery, so keep in in the warm car and load it when Im about ti ride.

Would also help th bike rack when I have 2 ebikes in to bring the weight down.

There was a previous 3ad in this same forum that pointed to Home | MTB Dummy

I immediately ordered one. The owner of that website only speaks German apparently and he contacted me saying that they have some delays in arranging the order (a couple of weeks). He offered to cancel the order but I kept it.

As soon as I reiceive it I will be sharing my thoughts.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles