Yeti Power!!!!!!

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I like how pink bike were running the ad for this bike on their home page since early this morning, but when clicked it took you to a page not found error on the yeti website.

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
It does make me wonder sometimes why my whyte costs £5000 less when spec wise all it is missing is the AXS dropper.

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 31, 2020
UK
This bike confuses the hell out of me (and I'm a big fan of Yeti).
On the one hand, you get advocates who give an explanation that the E160 E is a race bike. On the other, some are explaining that it's more Allmountain.

Still, its early days so I'll make a conservative effort to try and demo one.

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
it looks pretty good, but 10k to 14k dollars for a bike with the components? naah I ignore that.

they ride the same bit the same style as specialized to sell expensive bikes with pretty bad components and so you only pay for the brand.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Can't beat paying top dollar for a mediocre wheelset, budget cranks and SLX drivetrain.

Again how is this any different then Santa Cruz with their S build spec Bullit? I haven't heard much crying about the price of the Bullit?

It's a full carbon bike from what can be considered a boutique bike brand, I certainly wouldn't buy one but I can't understand the belly aching people are posting about on the price.

KSL

Jul 10, 2021
SoCal
So what's the ETA for deliver of the first batch? It looks like it's very poppy for a 50 lb bobsled so it has my attention.

KSL

Jul 10, 2021
SoCal
I must tip my hat to Yeti - not because they've made an amazing bike but rather making a pretty ok bike that people will still pay ridiculous money for "because it's a yeti"

Actually, they pay top dollar because it's all about the mythical creature.

1-35.jpg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
It has some nice features but it’s a lot of money for a bike with the worse motor and battery combo currently on the market.
Yeti aren’t exactly renowned for their customer service either, which is a big red flag.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I find the current crop of bike releases largerly uninspiring.

The Yeti still comes in over a KG heavier than my 2018 E- Sommett, and a good 6-7k over what I have spent on it including upgrades to a similar spec, and I very much doubt is any more capable in any meaningful way.

yes it has a bigger battery, but most of my ring doesn’t come close to me rinsing a battery, and I have a 625wh external I can pop on the bike with no modifications.

The Yeti is a nice bike and the rear suspension looks very interesting, but as a bike to actually ride I don’t see it as bringing anything new to the table.

For me personally in the current market it seems there are two choices

Accept the weight penalty and go for a bike with the biggest battery capacity, e.g the latest Bosch, the new Giant with their take on the Yamaha motor, or the Norcos and Pivots which run the E8000 but with up to 900wh Simplo batteries. This give you a genuine upgrade over an older bike with the range

the second option is to go for one of the lightweight options, like an SL or the Rise or a Rotwild.

Of course I say this as a long term EMTB owner, if I was new to the market I might have a different perspective, but it very much seems to me that in reality in terms of riding experience there is going to be very little difference between cheaper bikes like the new E- Sommett, Nuke Proof Megawatt et etc and their higher priced rivals.

the problem as I see it is that there have been great riding EMTBs for a while now, and really most of what we are seeing is keeping up with the Jones’s over the last year or so with little that is genuinely exciting

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
Reason smaller brands (amongst others) go for Shimano is that Bosch minimum order quantities are much much higher. And smaller brands cannot meet these order MOQ’s but can order smaller volumes via Shimano.

(Source: industry insider)
Pole are definitely a smaller brand than Yeti, their Voima will have the new Bosch and will be cheaper.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Pole are definitely a smaller brand than Yeti, their Voima will have the new Bosch and will be cheaper.

I thought the exact same thing when I read that Pole was switching from Brose to Bosch.
I currently own a Devinci with a Shimano motor and a Orbea with a Bosch, I just love the Bosch motor so much more compared to the Shimano.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
I must tip my hat to Yeti - not because they've made an amazing bike but rather making a pretty ok bike that people will still pay ridiculous money for "because it's a yeti"
For some of us, money is not a consideration. I personally enjoy having top notch bikes from various manufacturers mtb/emtb/road/ehybrid). New 160e is due February/March 2023 and purchased with certain riding characteristics in mind depending on what type of ride I'm doing on sny given day. So far would have to say my YT Decoy Elite is most reliable and fun to ride. Spesh Levo S-Works has had many issues with controller, battery and now motor. Love the way it climbs its just unreliable. Thinking this will be the 1st of a few different emtbs Yeti will offer.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles