Yeti 160E is outstanding (Video)

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
Thing is, my LBS had four of the Specialized at £12,995 and sold them all before they'd even been delivered to the store

While there are people prepared to pay the money, manufacturers will offer them for sale.

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
Nice! Im not sold on the EP8 tbh, it’s the weakest part of my Bullet. So much so I am thinking of switching next year so probably won’t be to the Yeti.

Really curious to see the new 9.9 Rail, think that will be a strong contender next year.
Great video as always Rob.

Rich the gasman

E*POWAH Master
May 4, 2019
North east
Thing is, my LBS had four of the Specialized at £12,995 and sold them all before they'd even been delivered to the store

While there are people prepared to pay the money, manufacturers will offer them for sale.
Yes but look over all the dealers that sell s works or similar, you can count on 1 hand how many they sell … there not popular like the lower models. I paid 6250 for my 2019 expert and now the 22 expert is 8750.. just for a fancy tcu and smaller back wheel , there has to come a point where prices get realistic. Even the 2nd hand market is bonkers right now.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
I want yeti linkage in my life.

At first I thought it was the silliest thing I'd ever heard. But after hearing Rob gush about the performance, I'm willing to rethink my skepticism. Interestingly, I just did some googling as I'm typing this, and it appears that Yeti has used this idea previously in an eccentric configuration. Now they're using a six-bar implementation.

DJ57UMP

Mar 13, 2021
England
Levo S-Works is £13K
Trek Rail 9.9 AXS is £12.5K
SC Bullit is £11.7K
This new top end Yeti is £11.9K
It slots in to the extreme priced ebikes.

They're all a SHIT load of money.

Not to pick a fight with a man that I am sure will know better BUT...

Levo S-Works has a better spec, if only the Wheels being carbon
Trek Rail 9.9 AXS looks a better spec and again comes with carbon wheels
SC Bullit is just better... and comes with carbon wheels running i9 hubs

I really liked the Yeti and you video was great. Just those wheels... DT1700;s... OMG. OK if you're buying a mid level Canyon or something but a flagship Yeti??? That's just wrong! Shimano XT isn't bad but surely XTR on that bike?

Just seems they cut some costs :(

DJ57UMP

Mar 13, 2021
England
Rejected :

Subjective.

I honestly think if you were to cut me in half I'd have the SC logo running through me... :ROFLMAO:

That being said I really like the look of the Nukeproof Megawatt - it's not got much finesse but the Factory build at a penny under £7k is mad good value. And that bike comes with DT 1700's as the Yeti does...

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Not to pick a fight with a man that I am sure will know better BUT...

Levo S-Works has a better spec, if only the Wheels being carbon
Trek Rail 9.9 AXS looks a better spec and again comes with carbon wheels
SC Bullit is just better... and comes with carbon wheels running i9 hubs

I really liked the Yeti and you video was great. Just those wheels... DT1700;s... OMG. OK if you're buying a mid level Canyon or something but a flagship Yeti??? That's just wrong! Shimano XT isn't bad but surely XTR on that bike?

Just seems they cut some costs :(
Yeah the UK gets a weird conversion on pricing. Like lot of things!

In the US Yeti do a spec where you can add DT Swiss HXC1200 rims, the total price is $13600 USD. The top end Bullit is $13299, although prob with a higher spec drivetrain.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
22/23KG is a lot for a full carbon framed bike. My Sam is a big old fatty at 25kg & a third of the price. Wonder what building in aluminium & ditching the marketing led emtb certified componentry would do to the cost side of this & for that matter, the feel.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
With the recent changes to their alloy wheel line up, isn't the new DT Swiss 1700 now their highest level alloy wheel set?

I know previously that the alloy line up was
and now with their recently released line up its:
So the 1700 is now their top end alloy wheel, with 350 hub and 36t

DJ57UMP

Mar 13, 2021
England
With the recent changes to their alloy wheel line up, isn't the new DT Swiss 1700 now their highest level alloy wheel set?

I know previously that the alloy line up was
and now with their recently released line up its:
So the 1700 is now their top end alloy wheel, with 350 hub and 36t

My point wasn't that the DT wheels are bad really - though they aren't my cup of tea. It was more that a £12k bike is coming with a fairly basic wheel and the 350 hub isn't exactly great - though I will accept there is a little personal preference there again.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Just seen the video, the quality of the post production is getting better and better Rob. Don't know who's doing your post work or if it's you, but it's excellent. Keep it coming mate.

I'm struggling with the price tag and that Ep8 rattle I never got over; but as with SB5/6 I had, it's an incredible bike.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Just seen the video, the quality of the post production is getting better and better Rob. Don't know who's doing your post work or if it's you, but it's excellent. Keep it coming mate.

I'm struggling with the price tag and that Ep8 rattle I never got over; but as with SB5/6 I had, it's an incredible bike.

Jon @TheBikePilot gets all the footage. He’s capturing some incredible stuff. All in 4K 120fps.

We are a team of 2. Jon gets the bangers and I stitch them together. Pretty proud how some of our stuff comes out considering we are a tiny run and gun team of 2 😊😊

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Agree with @R120 above, while silly money, bikes at this price don't bother me, it's the cost of average spec bikes now at £5k and over
Would be interesting to see how it rides back to back against the 2022 Mondrakers ? (750wh/29")

Crafty R 25.1 kg
Crafty RR 24.9 kg
Crafty XR 24.9 kg
Crafty Carbon R 23.7 kg
Crafty Carbon RR 23.3 kg
Crafty Carbon RR SL 21.1 kg

Fancy naming one of them after an Italian dish... 🤪

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.

Jon @TheBikePilot gets all the footage. He’s capturing some incredible stuff. All in 4K 120fps.

We are a team of 2. Jon gets the bangers and I stitch them together. Pretty proud how some of our stuff comes out considering we are a tiny run and gun team of 2 😊😊

Kudos to both of you; they have the polish of a pro post house 👍

• Agree
Reactions: Zed

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles