Levo Gen 2 Yet another Turbo Levo dropper cable question!

philwebster95

Feb 23, 2021
UK
Hi All,

I have recently purchased a 185 bikeyoke revive max seat post for my Levo but am having problems installing it. I know it is long, but I believe it will fit with 10mm or so above the clamp. My problem is with cable routing, I was going to use the existing outer, but cocked it up! So I have to insert a new outer - I can get it in, but not round the shadow loop so it bends 90 degrees and damages the cable end.

In desperation I have ordered the BB tool and puller in order to remove the motor.

Any advice whilst I wait for the tools?

Thanks

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
You removed the left crank arm and motor cover already? You don't need a BB tool to drop the motor, not sure what you mean there.

The shadow loop is attached to the motor, so removing the motor won't actually help. Make sure you install the housing the way the manual says. Start the housing from the motor end, not the headtube. Feed the housing up to the headtube from the bottom.

1618255209614.png

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Hi All,

I have recently purchased a 185 bikeyoke revive max seat post for my Levo but am having problems installing it. I know it is long, but I believe it will fit with 10mm or so above the clamp. My problem is with cable routing, I was going to use the existing outer, but cocked it up! So I have to insert a new outer - I can get it in, but not round the shadow loop so it bends 90 degrees and damages the cable end.

In desperation I have ordered the BB tool and puller in order to remove the motor.

Thanks
Is it too late to use one of these ?
Join old and new outer together whilst old outer is still in place and pull new outer though
Unscrew joiner and bask in your own smugness ?

Screenshot_20210412-204645_Chrome.jpg

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
Is it too late to use one of these ?
Join old and new outer together whilst old outer is still in place and pull new outer though
Unscrew joiner and bask in your own smugness ?
This is actually harder than just running the new housing the way that's described in the manual, because of the bend.

philwebster95

Feb 23, 2021
UK
You removed the left crank arm and motor cover already? You don't need a BB tool to drop the motor, not sure what you mean there.

The shadow loop is attached to the motor, so removing the motor won't actually help. Make sure you install the housing the way the manual says. Start the housing from the motor end, not the headtube. Feed the housing up to the headtube from the bottom.

View attachment 58432
I thought I needed one of these to remove the drive side crank -
465E36FC-13C0-461C-8974-6D48251435D9.png

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
This is actually harder than just running the new housing the way that's described in the manual, because of the bend.
Sounds like a bit of a mission
I was thinking of changing my dropper post to something more shiney , looks like I need to allow for a swearbox in the purchase budget ??

philwebster95

Feb 23, 2021
UK
Sounds like a bit of a mission
I was thinking of changing my dropper post to something more shiney , looks like I need to allow for a swearbox in the purchase budget ??
I have spent lots of time reading posts on this forum, I will try to post an in depth walk through once I’ve done it - but yes, lots os swearing involved!!

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
It's actually rather simple if you follow the manual. It's almost like the people who wrote it knew what they were doing :)

The swearing comes in when you try to do your own thing...

Roger20

Mar 6, 2020
West Yorkshire UK
Hi All,

Thanks
Hopefully someone will post a copy of the Turbo Levo service manual for you but from memory the shadow loop has to be created from below and isn't in a guide tube so presumably a motor out job. Away from my PC but will attach if no one replies in the meantime. Not one of the easier jobs!

philwebster95

Feb 23, 2021
UK
Hopefully someone will post a copy of the Turbo Levo service manual for you but from memory the shadow loop has to be created from below and isn't in a guide tube so presumably a motor out job. Away from my PC but will attach if no one replies in the meantime. Not one of the easier jobs!
Thanks, I have got a manual (workshop) just looking for any ‘gotya’s’ before I give it a go - I have tried several times to thread the outer cable from the non drive side but missed the shadow loop - it’s left at the moment caught round one of the electrical cables which is why i feel I should drop the motor.

Loe Rider

Oct 26, 2020
Kernow
Like @StuR said - everything you need is in that link. No special tools, just a little patience. I know, I replaced mine with a one up 180 which is MUCH better than the stock one

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles