Yeah! Meta has finally landed.

Gee

Jun 20, 2019
South Wales
After a bit of a wait and some issues, it seems like the bike is nearly here. Just checked the tracking information and my bike is sitting in the Fedex depot in Cardiff so should have it on Monday.

Can't wait to get my grubby mitts on it now and get it set up.

Question for you guys tho.....how difficult is it to install the dropper as i've never done one myself before? I was told by the LBS its pre installed and normally its a case of attaching the switch to the bars but all the bumpf ive seen from Commencal shows more complex installation.

Etacata

Jan 21, 2019
Mt. Hood, OR
The seat post and lever were both installed when I got mine.

I did switch it out to a 170mm drop levo and installation requires the removal of the motor. Not to complicated, just removing 6 bolts but a bit of a pain.

Reactions: Gee

tedturbine

May 8, 2019
Worthing
Which one are you getting?

I just had to attach the dropper lever to the bars on mine and can't see why you would need to install it. They are an excellent bike.

Reactions: Gee

jptbiow

May 20, 2019
UK
Hi all... Waiting on delivery of a 29 signature, order placed last week. Customer service has been great so far. I've read of a few people having problems with bikes arriving damaged and with untrue disk rotars etc... Anybody here experienced this? Thanks!

notfub

Apr 20, 2019
South Wales
Thanks guys that's good to know.

I've gone for the Essential 29 Fox.

Same as mine :cool:

Arrived in perfect condition. I swapped the brake levers over to UK spec (should have just swapped the cables) and attached the handlebars. The dropper was installed from the factory. Popped on the pedals, checked all of the fittings and good to go. No issues with the bike so far at all, brake rotors fine.

I've added RRP mudguards (excellent quality - replaced the mudhugger that lasted one ride, crap fitment and too thin). Also put some motocross skid plate foam in the gap where the wires enter the motor housing (to stop mud and small stones finding their way in), works a treat.

Pic of the bike unboxed......
commie_unboxed.jpg

Last edited:

Gee

Jun 20, 2019
South Wales
Well, it turned up this afternoon. Got to say i'm well chuffed with it.

No damage or issues, bike is in perfect condition, dropper was installed same as you guys mentioned. Brakes took all of 3mins to swap over (gotta love Sram for that).

Have only taken it up and down the street and bedded the brakes in. Set the suspension up and updated the firmware (motor needed it). Fitted my RRP mudguard, crank boots and converted to tubeless. Datatag going on tomorrow and then im off for a play (y)

Gee

Jun 20, 2019
South Wales
Also put some motocross skid plate foam in the gap where the wires enter the motor housing (to stop mud and small stones finding their way in), works a treat

Cheers for the tip, will get on that tomorrow too.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles