Yamaha PW Motor won't switch on

Interpaul

Jun 18, 2018
Edinburgh
My spare bike is dead, it had been getting hit and miss to get it started when I pressed the on button for a while.

Contacted e-bikeshop where I bought the bike from, they thought it might be the controller and bracket so I bought the kit and plugged it in without mounting on the bike. Still no joy but at least I can send the part back.

I live in Edinburgh so taking the bike back to Surrey is not an option. Has anyone experienced a similar problem with the Yam motor?

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
Do you have a removable display? If i remove mine it will not work so maybe try removing it and reinstalling it. If needed clean the receiver and the backside to assure proper contact. If it was resolve, how?

AntonyMarsh

Jul 23, 2020
Ashburn, USA
Hello...It is not normal for these bike to simply stop working. There are usually codes that show up previous to this happening either on the display or on the charging levels on the side of the battery. If there is absolutely nothing one must assume power loss. You can purchase a basic multi meter to check the battery. Before that, check you battery connection points on the bike and the battery.

bittele electronics

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles