Yamaha motor overhaul Video

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
I am sticking this post here as well as in the tech forum only because there are a lot of Haibikes with Yamaha motors and I hope some of the owners find this interesting. After starting with the Bosch motors we have just completed a Yamaha PW motor strip and overhaul. And, I have finally sourced the grooved bearings, seals and O-rings, now all available on my site.
We are currently working on the Impulse-2, Panasonic and Brose. Much more content will be added over the next few weeks.
Bearings and service is available for everything but the Brose at the moment but this should be added within the next week or so.
I hope you enjoy the video.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I am sticking this post here as well as in the tech forum only because there are a lot of Haibikes with Yamaha motors and I hope some of the owners find this interesting. After starting with the Bosch motors we have just completed a Yamaha PW motor strip and overhaul. And, I have finally sourced the grooved bearings, seals and O-rings, now all available on my site.
We are currently working on the Impulse-2, Panasonic and Brose. Much more content will be added over the next few weeks.
Bearings and service is available for everything but the Brose at the moment but this should be added within the next week or so.
Well done. I now have the slow Monday afternoon urge to rip apart a Yamaha motor. Might as well since no one is buying them

steviedsolve

Patreon
Jun 13, 2018
Wolverhampton

Fantastic Video. Bookmarked for when my motor needs servicing. I'll be sending it to you ;-)

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
Does this apply to a 2016 motor?
Although this is the Yamaha PW motor, I just need to check a few seals and things before I can say yes for definite. The PW-X motor is slightly different inside but this video should be good enough to help you strip a PW-X.

mike tatt

Oct 11, 2018
Worsthorne, Lancashire
Quick Question :

I have a 2016 Giant with a Yamaha motor - I take it that the repair process you would undertake would be the same for one of the Haibike -

Great Video by the way - and fantastic to know that there is a company out there who can repair the motors on e-bikes - that was one of my worries when purchasing my bike.

Cheers
Mike

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
Quick Question :

I have a 2016 Giant with a Yamaha motor - I take it that the repair process you would undertake would be the same for one of the Haibike -

Great Video by the way - and fantastic to know that there is a company out there who can repair the motors on e-bikes - that was one of my worries when purchasing my bike.

Cheers
Mike
Yes Mike, although the bikes are very different, the motor internals are identical.(y)

SteveS

Aug 5, 2018
Colorado
Thank you for the video! My haibike is in the shop now getting a new motor. I’m hopeful that someday parts will be readily available for end users so I can tear it down myself.

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
Thank you for the video! My haibike is in the shop now getting a new motor. I’m hopeful that someday parts will be readily available for end users so I can tear it down myself.
Apart from the circuit boards, bearings are generally all you need, and we have all those in stock ;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles