Write for EMTB Forums and get paid 100% of advertising revenue for your content

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hey all,

I'm currently working on a new editorial part of the site which will be the new homepage. I aim to get it out within the next 8 weeks. Basically, I'm looking for contributors who are able to create engaging editorial content for the site.

Here's what I'm thinking:
  • You will earn 100% of the Google Adsense revenue of each of your editorial posts. I'll work out the mechanics of it all and help setup an Google Adsense account if needed for you to place your adverts on your content. Alternatively I can setup an advert set.
  • Ideally have some history of published written content.
  • You are able to add some quality images (some press releases include quality photography).
  • We will have some kind of editorial standards to keep the site looking pro.
  • You can commit to an article of editorial content of approximately 750 words, roughly once a week.
  • The setup is via Wordpress. It's pretty easy to use.
In terms of revenues these are recurring, so an article will continue generating revenue as long as it is active. Although dont expect to get rich from it as the site has fairly low traffic at the moment, but the goal it to create one of the largest bike sites in the world ?

I'm looking for around 5 contributors and I have a test site setup right now that is ready for content ?

If you can help shoot me a PM :)

Sneak peak:

Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 15.22.29.png
screen-2.jpg

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
Top idea rob ??I can see the growth of the EMTB empire going from strength to strength
Keep up the good work dude ,
Just a note before I discovered this forum I was totally anti social media but now the seed has been planted ? I’m hooked can’t wait for new content ??

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Hi Rob will you be editing the articles ?
Do you need regular or will occasional do?
Keep up the great work.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi Rob will you be editing the articles ?
Do you need regular or will occasional do?
Keep up the great work.
Yes I’ll be editing. Ideally weekly but am open to ideas if you are able to do less frequent but good content ?

Swissrob

Sep 4, 2018
Switzerland
I think this is a good idea but as an example of what not to do see the paid content of EMBN, I understand the need for paid content but a huge opportunity is lost in not asking hard questions about spec and design. For example I want to know why you can't have an option on selecting battery size on Levos regardless of model, are you going to offer service exchange motors for older models, are you recording metadata or individual date on your app ect?

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I think this is a good idea but as an example of what not to do see the paid content of EMBN, I understand the need for paid content but a huge opportunity is lost in not asking hard questions about spec and design. For example I want to know why you can't have an option on selecting battery size on Levos regardless of model, are you going to offer service exchange motors for older models, are you recording metadata or individual date on your app ect?
You can’t select a Levo battery size, because they are not custom built or spec’d to order.
However, most shops ordered the bigger 700wh batteries when they ordered the bikes so they could offer a battery upgrade at the time of purchase.
Two problems arose from this, there weren’t enough bikes or batteries available at launch and now what does the dealer do with the left over batteries?
No one that buys a second battery is going to buy the 500wh battery when they can get the 700wh for a couple hundred dollars more.
There are people like me that would buy a 500wh battery because I already have a 700wh battery in my Expert and would want a lighter battery from shorter rides.
They offer service motors for when your bike is no longer under warranty. If you return your old motor to a dealer you can get a new motor at a discount. They will do the same for batteries as well.
Are they recording metadata with their app?
Probably, but I only use the app to change settings when I set a new bike up.
Hope that helps

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Awesome - thanks for all the responses. We now have the 5 contributors for the all new EMTB Forums homepage coming soon :)

Will close off any more contributors for now just whilst we get it set up then can look at opening it up again in the future.

Kind regards,
Rob.

Swissrob

Sep 4, 2018
Switzerland
Do you have any contributors from a different time zone? It might be worth while making one a moderator so if you get hacked (Alan giant thread) they can clean it up while your sleeping also if you're off the airwaves for whatever reason.

Pendo

Jun 13, 2018
Australia
What a shame you closed off contributors Rob, was about to put my name forward as the 'Great Beers of the World' Correspondent......oh well :-(

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles