Worth upgrading - OEM fox 36 rhythm to a Fox 36 factory float

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Obviously a different damper - grip 2, but no lockout to my knowledge, not that I think thats going to bother me.
OK its black and orange and its Kashmir. But anything other ?.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
The factory 36 is 4 way adjustable, hsc,LSC,HSR,lsr

If you've felt that your current fork needs adjustment in one of those areas but you can't because it doesn't have the adjusters, then it might be worth it, otherwise I'd say not worth it for you.

But if you just want it because it's shiny and gold then that's also fine.

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
I didnt win it. My last bid was £617, sold for £627.01.

Timochka69

Jan 31, 2018
Helsinki
Well, you could also upgrade the 36 Rhythm damper to Grip 2 for much less money and maybe convert to coil using Marzocchi Z1 parts. You would end up with better working fork, but a bit heavier than the Factory one (and not shiny).

I converted my 36 Rhythm to coil, still using the Grip damper, which is OK for me really.

Endoguru

Aug 21, 2019
Usa
Agree with Timochka69. Grip 2 damper upgrade is much cheaper. The Rhythm fork is slightly heavier than the Factory fork. I doubt you would notice on an ebike. In the past Fox has stated the Grip 2 damper does not fit in the Rhythm fork, but it does. I’ve done it with no issues.

randycpu

Nov 15, 2018
Silicon Valley, USA
I didnt win it. My last bid was £617, sold for £627.01.
Google "snipe"

Stoffel

Jun 16, 2021
Cotswolds UK

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Google "snipe"
Im not into that. It could go wrong, or i could set it up wrong. I prefer the submit bid in the last 4 seconds strategy. The bottom line on this is i should have made my final bid higher.
Agree with Timochka69. Grip 2 damper upgrade is much cheaper. The Rhythm fork is slightly heavier than the Factory fork. I doubt you would notice on an ebike. In the past Fox has stated the Grip 2 damper does not fit in the Rhythm fork, but it does. I’ve done it with no issues.
As I would be selling the stock fork on the bike, probably for £350, I should have bid about 700 Teh grip 2 is just over 400, so all in all other parts considered, stanchion coating, the lower leg bypass ,different crown, and the damper, it would make more sense to change the entire thing.
Basically I was an idiot. I needed a 260mm steerer and those arent readily available unless its like the tri sport auctions of 'new other' Lesson learned, ill just bit far higher next time.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles