Levo Gen 2 Worldwide warranty extension on all 2019/2020 Levo and 2020 Kenevo

levonz

Jul 30, 2020
New Zealand
[Rob Edit 31st July 2020] - See official announcement here from Specialized:Warranty extension & Firmware Update for all 2019/20 Levo/Kenevo with 2.1 motors - EMTB Forums

Original message:
Hi all

I am new here, I'm a first time Levo owner of 4 weeks and I already a blown motor - 160 miles.

Today, my local bike shop informed me that all 2019 and 2020 Levo and Kenevo bike worldwide are to be recalled, software updated and the warranty will be extend to 4 years from date of purchased.

You will be informed through you mission control app when you connect your bike and that you need to contact you local bike shop for an upgrade. I understand it's just software and not a motor upgrade.

I also found this on FB that I have posted around that confirms the LBS is correct. Certainly peace of mind!

116281628_10222931447545111_8609136710321500340_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ziscwg

Sep 18, 2019
US
They were already great with warranty support (at least in the US). Now, they appear to just be going recall. The Levo is a good trail bike if you don't consider motor issues. The suspension is easy to overwhelm, but that is subjective depending on how you ride.

Glad to see Spec stepping up.

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Interesting has anybody seen the changelog?

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
LBS have unofficially, endorsed this. But 2021 bike don't get the same? (this wasn't asked of my LBS)

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
This is true, heard from Chris at Berkshire cycles, so pretty good source.

I'm already on the new firmware.

levonz

Jul 30, 2020
New Zealand
Official release Specialized Bicycle Components Italia S.r.l.
Milan, 29/07/2020

The best repair for a bicycle is not needing it: New Guarantee extension and Firmware update for all Levo FSR 2019/20 and Kenevo 2020 models.

For every cyclist, the best thing is not to need any intervention on their bike: this is our goal. If one of our bikes abandoned your riders, who counted on us, it doesn't fit so we'll fix things. Period.

Our job is to make bikes that offer cyclists absolutely the best in terms of performance and reliability. Specialized Turbo Levo and Turbo Kenevo have kept this promise with hundreds of thousands of cyclists along millions of km around the world. Innovation in Specialized will never stop. When we find a way to improve a bike, we do it as soon as possible. We constantly make dozens of small improvements to our bikes and apps, and this allows us to offer cyclists the best, often before it's available elsewhere.

Some time ago, we noticed a reduced but unacceptable number of technical failures, which affected some engines that equipped Levo 2019/20 and Kenevo 2020. beforehand.

Since that time, we have been working tirelessly on a series of improvements that eliminate any kind of problem. Among these were interventions to reduce noise, mount more resistant straps, modify free wheel assembly and introduce additional optimizations aimed at improving robustness and overall reliability.

All these improvements to components affected engines mounted on Levo and Kenevo's 2021 models. To ensure the serenity of all cyclists, we have extended from 2 to 4 years the warranty on the engines of Levo FSR 2019/2020 and Kenevo 2020. models. This guarantee starts from the purchase date, and is transferable (with the relative first purchase test) in case a cyclist decides to sell his bike.

Recently, we have also detected a baco in the firmware 2.1 of the engines of the models on indicated, possible due to problems affecting the transmission belt. Following an update to Turbo Studio, released on July 23, we will release a new version of the engine firmware (scheduled from July 28) that improves the reliability of the belt without compromising power or performance, so update will be required of engine firmware as soon as possible.

From July 31th we will activate through our social media channels to inform our riders about this new firmware, its benefits and the connected extension of warranty. Our goal is to avoid excessive crowding in stores, so we plan to send such communications to customers, initially through Mission Control and later by email. Don't hesitate to contact Rider Care for any clarification that may be necessary in the meantime.
Thank you for your constant support and dedication.

Mike Sinyard – Founder and CEO
©️
2020. Specialized Bicycle Components Italia S.r.l. All rights reserved.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Hi all,

I’ll have some further details on this soon.... personally think this as a great thing for 2.1 motor owners giving piece of mind.

Rob
Sounds good Rob - I’m sure Chris hinted at something on the last live chat but that could be miss remembering things ?

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
what does this mean "(with the relative first purchase test) " ?

Am also curious as to how belt life has been improved without affecting power.

Did a couple of hours last night on the new firmware, couldnt really tell much difference.

Last edited:

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I see that 2021 comp is now £5500 up from £4999 and is the same bike but new motor updates !

jaggysnake

Jul 5, 2019
uk
just seen on app , lbs is authorised dealer but i got mail order, reckon they will do it free , mind you dont mind paying , prob cost £50 in petrol to take were i got it from.

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
Drove an hour to my LBS today for the big motor firmware update. I bought my Levo Comp 2020 another place online but he didn’t charge me for this. Of course I recently got the new June 2020 motor replacement there as well, which Including service came to about GBP 80.

If anyone is wondering, it’s only the TCU (on Levo 19/20/21 and Kenevo 20/21) which is possible to update via the phone app.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles