Levo Gen 2 Worldwide warranty extension on all 2019/2020 Levo and 2020 Kenevo

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
It’s directed at issues with Specialized’s version of the Brose 2.1 motor. I believe for the year 2017-18 the Brose 1.3 motor was used.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Why doesn't this cover 2017-2018 Levos? Did they have better motors or better design?

Similar poor design in terms of water/mud ingress, my mate's 2018 has just failed due to that, his fault apparently for riding in wet and muddy conditions :rolleyes:

willeco

Jul 28, 2020
Halle
New here, reading a lot and now wondering (I just ordered a Spec Turbo Levo Comp - supposed to arrive in December): will it have the 4 year warranty too ?
Or will it have a new/better Brose motor that (hopefully) will not fail ?

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
If it's model 2021 then you have 2 years warranty and motor with latest improvements.

willeco

Jul 28, 2020
Halle
If it's model 2021 then you have 2 years warranty and motor with latest improvements.
Thanks for confirming. I figured it to be like that, but wasn't sure, forgot to ask my LBS... (and it's indeed a 2021 model I ordered).

SantaMtb

Dec 4, 2019
Sweden
Hi I am from Sweden and I got in Kenevo 2020. Went to my local bike shop the other day for an update of the motor. When I got back to pick up the bike they Told me that they had an issue with the update And Couldn’t execute it. They even told me that they couldn’t get the right firmware updates from the headquarter in Holland. Can this be true or???
I also noticed that my dropper post was in another position, why I don’t know. Do they have to take the motor apart to update it?

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
I never rode my 2018 Kenevo in the wet, nor did I ever wash the motor area and my motor started to make an awful noise when hot (1500k). Now replaced, but if this one goes, although it is brand new, I have to pay for a replacement because the guarantee on the first motor has run out. Some manufacturers give a new guarantee on a replacement motor but this should be standard practice . If a garage replaces a part on your car with a new part which fails, they would not charge you for a replacement. Obviously, all motors wear out in time, but belts and sprag clutches failing is not normal wear and tear. Before the problems with the 2.1 motor, there were plenty enough failures with the 1.3. It seems there are some fundamental flaws with the Brose motor, which got worse with the 2.1. I think the honerable thing for Specialized/Brose to do would be to replace any motor within four years, not just the worst ones. Ir feels like consumers are beta testers for ebike motors. The rush to get lighter, more powerful and more competitive motors on to the market means there isn’t the time to properly test the motors under realistic conditions for several years. Hopefully, the manufacturers are learning how to make their motors last a decent amount of time. During this peiod, any motor, whether a replacement or not, should be replaced unless there is obvious abuse. Ebiking is expensive as it is and it’s rise has been a huge boost to the cycling industry, but development failure costs shouldn’t be bourne by the consumer.

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
I have had my 2020 Levo Comp for about a year now. The only issue I have is the power sometimes doesn't come on and I get a red light. I think maybe it thinks the charge port is open. Is this a common issue? What is the warranty on that? 1 year or more?

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
I have had my 2020 Levo Comp for about a year now. The only issue I have is the power sometimes doesn't come on and I get a red light. I think maybe it thinks the charge port is open. Is this a common issue? What is the warranty on that? 1 year or more?
2 year warranty and motor 4 years

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles