World's first full carbon full sus eFat Bike with Shimano motor by LaMere

lamerecycles

Apr 10, 2019
Minneapolis
We're so excited to release this bike, what we've always wanted in an eFat Bike: ability to fit big 27.5 wheels with true 4.5" tires, Shimano E8000 motor, full suspension, full carbon, fast XC geo but still with a nice high BB height of 380mm with Cake Eater 27.5x4.5 tires or 363mm with Cake Eater 4.0 tires.

This bike rips! With the traction you get we swear its faster than an XC eBike on twisty singletrack as you can just pedal thru the corners at high speed, esp with the nice high BB height.

In the summer you can switch to 29er or 29+ wheels with a replaceable rear triangle.

LaMere Cycles is taking pre-orders now.....

Here's the bike in summer mode, 120mm of XC travel, with our 50mm wide 29er rims that are so awesome with 2.6" tires spreading out those side knobs where they should be for ultimate grip:

www.LaMereCycles.com
LaMere Cycles eFat Bike Shimano E8000 Med.JPG
IMG_1534.JPG

Last edited:

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
@lamerecycles heres my just saying

Semi integrated battery for lower price, Bafang m600 1000W for those tires. Some find the Shimano weak even on regulars ebikes so just imagine in fattie. However, extra power never is bad. I guess it came be cheaper too than Shimano for both you and the buyers. Oh and a better looking frame, single pivot link always looks better

lamerecycles

Apr 10, 2019
Minneapolis
@lamerecycles heres my just saying

Semi integrated battery for lower price, Bafang m600 1000W for those tires. Some find the Shimano weak even on regulars ebikes so just imagine in fattie. However, extra power never is bad. I guess it came be cheaper too than Shimano for both you and the buyers. Oh and a better looking frame, single pivot link always looks better

We will literally NEVER do a Bafang bike again, we've done the Bafang motor on 4 different bikes and EVERY single one had issues.... the Shimano and Yamaha motors never have any issues. We sell bikes to real cyclists that clip in and pedal and want super range and some awesome boost, we are totally against the crowd of eBikers that want tons of power and a throttle on their eBike those people are just gonna get the trails closed to eBikes. Sorry to rant!

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
We will literally NEVER do a Bafang bike again, we've done the Bafang motor on 4 different bikes and EVERY single one had issues.... the Shimano and Yamaha motors never have any issues. We sell bikes to real cyclists that clip in and pedal and want super range and some awesome boost, we are totally against the crowd of eBikers that want tons of power and a throttle on their eBike those people are just gonna get the trails closed to eBikes. Sorry to rant!

Wasn’t aware of that ... in that case a Yamaha is stronger engine for ebike, thanks to the better lower cadence responde it should helps with the momentum of the fat tires

sorry about this absolutely mess of draw but it’s enough you can get an idea. With those tires that can run extreme low pressures the pivot link is better suited IMHO than a Horst link, better looking too. The new Lapierre has done a great job with his new overvolt and the semi integrated battery, the frame has still room for more range that also is important because the bigger tires drag

remember I’m just saying

8065D520-D509-44A3-A90A-A660990213E3.jpeg

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
I don’t think there’s patent issues with battery placement, however there’s moral issues stealing from other people jobs.

heres a new placement, still low, just totally reversed. For 20$ at month we be can partners, my imagination for rent ... deal? :LOL:

911832CF-2732-4FDE-8D18-20038A97321A.jpeg

lamerecycles

Apr 10, 2019
Minneapolis
Wasn’t aware of that ... in that case a Yamaha is stronger engine for ebike, thanks to the better lower cadence responde it should helps with the momentum of the fat tires

sorry about this absolutely mess of draw but it’s enough you can get an idea. With those tires that can run extreme low pressures the pivot link is better suited IMHO than a Horst link, better looking too. The new Lapierre has done a great job with his new overvolt and the semi integrated battery, the frame has still room for more range that also is important because the bigger tires drag

remember I’m just saying

View attachment 20643
I wish you could ride our eSummit.... the range is pretty amazing, on Trail mode on the Shimano motor gets almost the same range as our Diode eMTB on Trail mode. The bigger tires, at 10psi I think just float over the ground so well the range does not suffer as much as you'd think.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
@Eddy Current what makes you think Fatbike tyres are harder to pedal? They're really not. They're just sluggish to accelerate under power. they do however roll fairly well and hold momentum well. infact far better than a lot of soft compound trail mtb tyres do.

also what are you basing your cadence response on? All the fatbikers I know (a lot) use low gears rather than grind out in low cadenced
Assistance on a shimano motor actually starts to reduce and then cut out completely at higher cadences (130rpm+) making it rather useless for anyone wh actually can spin fast. it's one of the only gripes I have with the Shiman oconmtroller software.

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
@Eddy Current what makes you think Fatbike tyres are harder to pedal? They're really not. They're just sluggish to accelerate under power. they do however roll fairly well and hold momentum well. infact far better than a lot of soft compound trail mtb tyres do.

also what are you basing your cadence response on? All the fatbikers I know (a lot) use low gears rather than grind out in low cadenced
Assistance on a shimano motor actually starts to reduce and then cut out completely at higher cadences (130rpm+) making it rather useless for anyone wh actually can spin fast. it's one of the only gripes I have with the Shiman oconmtroller software.

As you can imagine I never ride one, is just what I’ve read about them. I’m suggestin things based on basic logic, you know, if they got bigger momemunt and Yamaha has fast first input response and is more powerful at lower cadences it should help with accelerations. I would like try a efattie, it’s must be like drive a tank over thinks, even more FS, most are ht or rigids.

Can you imagine blasting this beast over rock gardens? Maybe better than a 150 2.8? if it’s dont do it fast, it do it safer, I’m sure

I always belive that fat bikes were going to rebirth on the e- format as the ultimate tool, but no, seems they are only appealing for the snow and sand. Such a shame! @lamerecycles good luck with this cartepillar wish more people try them on the trails, great bike for beginners or people that want just to explore the mountain

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
As you can imagine I never ride one, is just what I’ve read about them.
You really should stop speculating on how you think a bike or its tyres ride from what you've read. From your posts you clearly don't have a great deal of experience.

Can you imagine blasting this beast over rock gardens?
Yes. I can. At speed. In proper rockgardens. it would be frightening.
Fatbikes have fragile tyres with no real edge to the knob patern and a vagueness when trying to ride precision lines and because of their high volume if run at supportive pressures neeeded for truely blasting over sharp rocks handle with too much rebound. All Fatbikes are actually better at is riding in sand, some sorts of snow and crawling at low speeds over slippy rocks. other than those things they're a novelty. I've ridden tons of Fatbikes but would absolutely never want one of my own. although having said that I'd far rather have an E-Fatbike than a regular one.
I always belive that fat bikes were going to rebirth on the e- format as the ultimate tool, but no, seems they are only appealing for the snow and sand. Such a shame!
It's not a shame at all. As explained above. There's very good reason there appeal is snow/sand riding. Yes. plenty folk "trail" ride on Fatbikes. it's not the correct tool for the job though and most of the follk doing it are... well... more...

than...

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
@Gary if someone buy a fat for trails he should know or should expect that is not go as fast as possible but to go aplombed as possible. In rockgardens it’s safer because is much harder to get the wheels stucked between rocks wich is one the main causes in mtb crashes. The bigger tires also helps to climb in loose hills and better grip in loose corners, another of the most hard situations you find in mtb. It’s not a bike to explore the speed limits it’s a bike for safe touring and that helps a lot people less skilled, but, sometimes feel safe is the best way to go fast, downhill anything with wheels is reasonable fast so you still can have fun with fat tires. If it’s a motor then is a win win and if it’s FS is a win win win

But this Lamere is out of my budget that’s why I suggest my beloved non integrated battery frame ... if it helps to launch a cheaper model, welcome

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
No mate.
Fatbike riders, If all the ones i know are anything to go by are generally folk who have now given up on life's challenges and excitement and are now far too scared to ride anything as dangerous as a proper rock garden. Preferring to stick to flat beaches with ice cream shops to aim for every few miles along the coast.

;)

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
No mate.
Fatbike riders, If all the ones i know are anything to go by are generally folk who have now given up on life's challenges and excitement and are now far too scared to ride anything as dangerous as a proper rock garden. Preferring to stick to flat beaches with ice cream shops to aim for every few miles along the coast.

;)

Stereotypes. That’s what many people think about ebikers :LOL:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
you know i'm kidding right? buy whatever bike you like and use it as appropriately or inappropriately as you like. So long as you're happy. Why worry?

x

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
you know i'm kidding right? buy whatever bike you like and use it as appropriately or inappropriately as you like. So long as you're happy. Why worry?

x

You know, the British sense of humor ... it’s like those people who likes Pop Tars without frosting on them, little bit weird ?

MassDeduction

Dec 1, 2019
Victoria, BC
As you can imagine I never ride one, is just what I’ve read about them. […]

One thing to be aware of is that Shimano has improved the pedalling experience over time via firmware updates. So the things you've read may not be as valid as they used to be, even if they were totally valid when you first read them.

My staff and customers give us much more positive feedback about Shimano overall. But Shimano has the advantage of being an evolving system, whereas Yamaha is a mature system with no firmware updates unless provided to you by the OEM. Our Yamaha e-bikes came from Haibike, who haven't been offering Yamaha firmware updates.

A STePS 8000 fat bike is of potential interest to me. Devinci used to make one called the E-Minus, but they don't make it anymore so good to know that this is an option.

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
One thing to be aware of is that Shimano has improved the pedalling experience over time via firmware updates. So the things you've read may not be as valid as they used to be, even if they were totally valid when you first read them.

My staff and customers give us much more positive feedback about Shimano overall. But Shimano has the advantage of being an evolving system, whereas Yamaha is a mature system with no firmware updates unless provided to you by the OEM. Our Yamaha e-bikes came from Haibike, who haven't been offering Yamaha firmware updates.

A STePS 8000 fat bike is of potential interest to me. Devinci used to make one called the E-Minus, but they don't make it anymore so good to know that this is an option.

Well now we got the Yamaha PwX2 I guess the firmware is new so maybe is enough for a couple of months :LOL:

MassDeduction

Dec 1, 2019
Victoria, BC
Well now we got the Yamaha PwX2 I guess the firmware is new so maybe is enough for a couple of months :LOL:

LOL, yes. Actually, a new product is generally the least mature/most likely to benefit from further refinement. I'd be most confident in the firmware provided with a mature Yamaha product, such as the PW or PW-SE. :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles