Working on Whyte dropper cabling?

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
Going to try a different dropper lever this week, will replace the inner cable too at the same time.

For people who've had their bikes for a while, does the internal cabling move enough to let me take the seatpost out and pull the cabling through, or does it snag?

Wondering if it's a battery out/casing off the motor job to do properly? Ta.

* Ignore * Cable moves freely so job done ?

Last edited:

highpeakrider

E*POWAH Master
Aug 10, 2018
Peak District
On my 160 it let me pull the post out of the frame, but it seems to be in a larger plastic tube that goes over the motor.

Why the need for a new post, mine was poor at first, I just used the adjuster under the lever so it activated the post as soon as I pressed it a milli or two.

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
The TransX adjustable-drop post is great, it was the trigger I didn't get along with. With the brake levers where I want them, I couldn't get the trigger positioned right, and it seemed quite stiff to operate.

So I swapped it for a PNW trigger I used to have on another bike. Much better ?? It's lower profile so doesn't foul the brake lever and has a much smoother action.

PNW Loam.jpeg

Last edited:

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Oh yeah I like PNW trigger, I’m going to check them out now, not cheap but they do look well cool

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
When I got this one I think it was cheaper from PNW direct in the US than from a UK shop (even with shipping).

Got the position dialled now - converted that left brake clamp to matchmaker. Hate having any overlap of triggers with my grips.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles