Woohooo, it's finally arrived.

Pug907

Feb 13, 2019
portsmouth
After many weeks of waiting, my replacement Fantic has finally arrived. I was beginning to look at other bikes already hahaha. I am hoping to get out on it a lot more than my Cube 29er (very rarely :cautious:) & looking forward to learning the ropes on the trails etc. I know the reviews have not been as glowing as I'd hoped, but for my inexperienced riding, I doubt I'll even notice it's downfalls.
Now to start getting fit bwaaahahahahaha.
Fantic.jpg

gelfy666

Aug 17, 2018
Telford
Really considering one of these, can you connect it to your phone to alter stuff?... As I could work out how to change the display from KM to miles on the demo bike.
A walk button would also be nice.... Just in case Fantic are reading this lol.
Ive not ridden a huge amount of ebikes but this one makes riding with my mates enjoyable.

Pug907

Feb 13, 2019
portsmouth
Really considering one of these, can you connect it to your phone to alter stuff?... As I could work out how to change the display from KM to miles on the demo bike.
A walk button would also be nice.... Just in case Fantic are reading this lol.
Ive not ridden a huge amount of ebikes but this one makes riding with my mates enjoyable.
I don't think there's an app to change things. To be honest, it went from my van to inside & hasn't been touched since haha.
There is a walk assist, but you need to be pressing the button all the time you're using it. Not sure if that's how the others work too?

I'm trying to find what the 4 power modes are, if anyone knows. Not sure if the extra bar is trail mode or just a gap filler for the big difference that was between 1 bar & 2 bars.

As I've said before, the bike's probably wasted on me, but I liked the look, so I bought it.

gelfy666

Aug 17, 2018
Telford
I don't think there's an app to change things. To be honest, it went from my van to inside & hasn't been touched since haha.
There is a walk assist, but you need to be pressing the button all the time you're using it. Not sure if that's how the others work too?

I'm trying to find what the 4 power modes are, if anyone knows. Not sure if the extra bar is trail mode or just a gap filler for the big difference that was between 1 bar & 2 bars.

As I've said before, the bike's probably wasted on me, but I liked the look, so I bought it.
It was a 2018 model I had on demo, only 3 power modes.... Where was the walk button? Couldn't find one when I got stuck on a uphill and had to push. ?

Pug907

Feb 13, 2019
portsmouth
Hold the plus button until an arrow shows on the top left of the screen.
Quite a few differences between '18 & '19 models.
Narrower tyres, nobby nics , 780 bars ( my Large is anyway), I think the stem was changed too, but not sure about that one. Guide T brakes instead of RE's, smaller charger. Lock out on both front & rear suspension ( I'm pretty sure it was only the forks on '18 model).

Pug907

Feb 13, 2019
portsmouth
Lost 2 hours stuck on a closed motorway ? & had a job to do for a friend, so only managed 5 miles today ☹️. Feels bloody solid to me, but it was only bridleways. Really steep down hill with roots going diagonally & it didn't really move. Got into a deep rut & survived hahaha. Brakes were brilliant, but I think I'll fit shorter levers, as I kept squooshing my middle fingers.
Made the mistake of swapping rides with my wife ( Haibike full seven), I climbed the hill on mine, easy with 3 bars power, hers nearly killed me, in turbo mode ?. She did comment on how planted it felt compared to hers.

Being a novice, I guess I'll find it's shortcomings, if any for my type of riding,but so far I'm really glad I bought it. She wants one now hahaha.

Let me know how you get on if/when you get yours ?.

Pug907

Feb 13, 2019
portsmouth
How are you finding the bike?
Did my first DH trail on Saturday with my wife. The weight takes some getting used to, but I was grinning all the way up and down. Only did 5 miles, as my Mrs was on her Cube mandraulic bike and she wouldn't have made it up again. Can't say I blame her.
So far, I'm loving the bike. Brakes are amazing, suspension needs fettling, but still rolled over everything on the trail perfectly well.
It felt absolutely solid, not that I was going that quick, but quite confidence inspiring to be fair.

I had it on one bar power pretty much all 5 miles. Still a workout uphill, but so much easier. Should have played with the power settings more really, but I was too busy grinning and enjoying the ride. I started with 49 mile range, now down to 45 mile range.
Going on a 20 mile cross country ride on Saturday with Mrs. and a mate, so I won't charge up and see what I get out of one charge. I'll use more power settings too.

I don't have anything to compare it to, but I have no regrets about buying the bike.
Cheers.

Pug907

Feb 13, 2019
portsmouth
I thought I'd give a run down on yesterday's ride. The first long ride on the bike so far. 3 Of us did a 29.5 mile ride in and around the new Forest. Not exactly taxing terrain, but given I did some internal damage to my knee on last week's ride, I was happy with that. I basically made it round with one leg hahaha.

I got a lot more adventurous than I probably should have, but the bike felt so good. Where the others were avoiding the muddy ditches, I was ploughing on through them, until I remembered I only had one leg to get up the steep banks at the end duhhh.

The brakes are bloody amazing, compared to anything else I've ridden. Great feel and super sharp when you need it. I have swapped the display and rear brake positions around, to stop squashing my middle finger when I braked. Moved the front brake lever in to suit , which made the reach to the levers a lot further, but perfect for me.

I started the ride on 45 miles range, which was 10 miles into the first charge.
I spent most of the ride on 1 bar power, only powering up to 2 bars on the hills. For the last 3 or 4 miles, 2 miles of which was on the road, I was on 3 bars, as my good leg was flagging a bit.
I can't say I felt the motor kicking in and out around the 15-16 mph range. It might be more pronounced in higher power levels, as has been mentioned in other reviews I've read.
The battery is still on it's first charge & so far I've clocked up a total of 39.5 miles and still showing 25 miles of range. Total ascent was 2800m, 1500m of which was at QECP, so homesick angel kind of steep, the rest was fairly gentle really.

The only thing I have to change on this bike is the bloody rock hard saddle. Jeeeez, I haven't sat down since yesterday hahaha.

Still well pleased with the bike and can't wait for the knee to recover so I can get out to have another proper ride.
I've never felt this was about my manual bike, so hopefully I'll be getting out on it a lot this summer.

gelfy666

Aug 17, 2018
Telford
Good to hear your happy ?
Find a saddle that's comfortable and stick with it.... Maddison Flux seems to be best for me.

Last edited:

Pug907

Feb 13, 2019
portsmouth
21st for delivery... Hopefully ?
21st of April or May? I'm hoping, for your sake, that the shop is open this Sunday so you can take advantage of the good weather this weekend, but somehow doubt it. Which model & colour did you go for?
Out on mine this weekend, hopefully my knee is up to it. It's been murder having to look and not ride for the last 2 weeks hahaha.
Good luck with yours anyway, I'm sure it won't disappoint (y)

gelfy666

Aug 17, 2018
Telford
21st of April or May? I'm hoping, for your sake, that the shop is open this Sunday so you can take advantage of the good weather this weekend, but somehow doubt it. Which model & colour did you go for?
Out on mine this weekend, hopefully my knee is up to it. It's been murder having to look and not ride for the last 2 weeks hahaha.
Good luck with yours anyway, I'm sure it won't disappoint (y)
21 April At distributor then hopefully at my LBS by following weekend.
Colour I've had to have the captain America colour scheme as I'd have to wait longer for yellow ☹️.
It'll be great.... Better rides with my mates as they won't have wait for my to struggle up the climbs.
Confused on one point though, been looking at a spare battery for in the future.... Found some fantic integra 630 batteries BUT they say not compatible with the BMZ controller ? so slightly confused on that issue.... But that's a long way off yet.

gelfy666

Aug 17, 2018
Telford
21 April At distributor then hopefully at my LBS by following weekend.
Colour I've had to have the captain America colour scheme as I'd have to wait longer for yellow ☹️.
It'll be great.... Better rides with my mates as they won't have wait for my to struggle up the climbs.
Confused on one point though, been looking at a spare battery for in the future.... Found some fantic integra 630 batteries BUT they say not compatible with the BMZ controller ? so slightly confused on that issue.... But that's a long way off yet.

Pug907

Feb 13, 2019
portsmouth
Correction....

"battery does not comply with BMZ display"

Whatever that means.
If that's the case, it's about as much use as a handbrake in a canoe.
Hopefully, it's just the interpreter they had was shit hahaha.

Out for a 20 miler (that's what he said last time :rolleyes:) tomorrow around new forest. I've charged up and now reads 62 mile range, first charge read 49 mile range, so we'll see how much gets used. Lithium ion batteries generally need at least 5 charge cycles to hold a full charge, my work power tools do anyway, so time will tell.

I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of yours when it arrives, only 7 more sleeps hahahaha.
I'm guessing it's the 2019 model?

gelfy666

Aug 17, 2018
Telford
If that's the case, it's about as much use as a handbrake in a canoe.
Hopefully, it's just the interpreter they had was shit hahaha.

Out for a 20 miler (that's what he said last time :rolleyes:) tomorrow around new forest. I've charged up and now reads 62 mile range, first charge read 49 mile range, so we'll see how much gets used. Lithium ion batteries generally need at least 5 charge cycles to hold a full charge, my work power tools do anyway, so time will tell.

I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of yours when it arrives, only 7 more sleeps hahahaha.
I'm guessing it's the 2019 model?
Yes 2019 model...... I'll have it by Friday I'm told, the off to mid Wales coast for a weeks holiday ?... Some good riding where we stay and Coed y brenin in about 10 miles away.

Pug907

Feb 13, 2019
portsmouth
Yes 2019 model...... I'll have it by Friday I'm told, the off to mid Wales coast for a weeks holiday ?... Some good riding where we stay and Coed y brenin in about 10 miles away.
Even better, only 5 sleepy times to go then hahaha.
Lucky bugger (y). No better way to test the new bike.
Enjoy!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles