Woburn ride Sunday 28th April

Toecutter

Mar 25, 2019
Milton keynes
Ok peeps, I’ve attached a couple of pics of carpark and meeting point.
Postcode MK178TS
This will get you to the top of Church rd(second picture) where you’ll see a car park straight ahead(find a space and park).
First pic is of two big gates, this is where to meet at 10am.
It does get busy....
There is no shops at the top of church rd, so if you need food or drink top up, stop in Woburn, Tesco express will be open?Think that’s it for the minute.
07562 642864 if anyone is going to be late or gets lost
Nick ?

BA19A49E-FB73-441F-8355-9556EB431C96.png

9CA349AB-C51A-4C40-A917-5CF79D50942A.png

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Well that was good! :D

Toecutter (Nick) and his lad Scott were the guide team, alternately leading or sweeping up. We were joined by Wezza and another guy not on the Forum, called Paul.
Nick can say exactly where we were at all times, I had no idea. We started with some off-piste stuff that was steep and rutted with a variety of drops, one of which caught me out. My seat post didn't drop, so I did! Judging by his reaction, I think Nick thought he had a major casualty on his hands. It was probably my impression of a dead cat bouncing that convinced him. :LOL:But the only thing damaged was my ego; it was not a difficult drop. :giggle: Once I'd got to my feet I pushed the bike back up and did it properly.

After enduring some good natured derision from some clockwork bikers after we had just ridden up a hill that would have tested Nino Schurter, we went and did some more. Great stuff!
Then we did the trail with the red markers. It felt like a red, but Nick wasn't sure. Whatever, it was very good fun. The pics below are of a section of it. The group is posed in front of the trail. The next pic is of a random rider to better illustrate the trail.

Woburn team.jpg

Nick, Wezza, Paul, Scott, and me behind the camera!

Woburn rider.jpg

Random rider. The trail looks wet, but it wasn't, despite all the recent rain. That shiny bit is just a bit damp and sticky, the rest of the trail was firm to slightly dusty. The weather was cool and dry, mostly sunny.

Many thanks to Toecutter (Nick) and his lad Scott (14). On their home trail, they had to go slower than usual to keep an eye on us all. From the front to ensure we were still following, and if at the back to ensure no one dropped off the back and got lost.

I was disappointed with the range on the 378whr brand new battery in my Focus. I started with 41m Eco, 30 Trail, 20 Boost. I got 14.5 miles with one red bar and only 3 miles in Eco left!! :eek: (Can I have my old battery back please?) Those off-piste climbs were long and steep and these old knees required Boost and Trail to get up them. My range damage was done by the time we left the off-piste stuff, so I mostly stayed in Eco on the FC trail, with the very occasional surge of Trail when absolutely needed.

It was very enjoyable, thanks again to Toecutter and his lad. (y)

PS: I have just discovered that if I double click on the pics, I can zoom in!

Toecutter

Mar 25, 2019
Milton keynes
Well that was good! :D

Toecutter (Nick) and his lad Scott were the guide team, alternately leading or sweeping up. We were joined by Wezza and another guy not on the Forum, called Paul.
Nick can say exactly where we were at all times, I had no idea. We started with some off-piste stuff that was steep and rutted with a variety of drops, one of which caught me out. My seat post didn't drop, so I did! Judging by his reaction, I think Nick thought he had a major casualty on his hands. It was probably my impression of a dead cat bouncing that convinced him. :LOL:But the only thing damaged was my ego; it was not a difficult drop. :giggle: Once I'd got to my feet I pushed the bike back up and did it properly.

After enduring some good natured derision from some clockwork bikers after we had just ridden up a hill that would have tested Nino Schurter, we went and did some more. Great stuff!
Then we did the trail with the red markers. It felt like a red, but Nick wasn't sure. Whatever, it was very good fun. The pics below are of a section of it. The group is posed in front of the trail. The next pic is of a random rider to better illustrate the trail.

View attachment 13301
Nick, Wezza, Paul, Scott, and me behind the camera!

View attachment 13303
Random rider. The trail looks wet, but it wasn't, despite all the recent rain. That shiny bit is just a bit damp and sticky, the rest of the trail was firm to slightly dusty. The weather was cool and dry, mostly sunny.

Many thanks to Toecutter (Nick) and his lad Scott (14). On their home trail, they had to go slower than usual to keep an eye on us all. From the front to ensure we were still following, and if at the back to ensure no one dropped off the back and got lost.

I was disappointed with the range on the 378whr brand new battery in my Focus. I started with 41m Eco, 30 Trail, 20 Boost. I got 14.5 miles with one red bar and only 3 miles in Eco left!! :eek: (Can I have my old battery back please?) Those off-piste climbs were long and steep and these old knees required Boost and Trail to get up them. My range damage was done by the time we left the off-piste stuff, so I mostly stayed in Eco on the FC trail, with the very occasional surge of Trail when absolutely needed.

It was very enjoyable, thanks again to Toecutter and his lad. (y)

PS: I have just discovered that if I double click on the pics, I can zoom in!

Fantastic company today guys, very enjoyable to ride with other people.
Glad you’re ok Steve, had me worried for a second? but all made it back in one piece?
My numbers on here so anytime we’re going out(mostly at the weekend) feel free to hang me a text if you fancy it again ??
Nick

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles