WO 13 weirdness?

FOG

Oct 5, 2018
Sheffield UK
My E8000 has started with a new annoying foible. Every now and then usually on a slow climb it starts to hesitate and WO13 flashes across the screen. Rapidly it grinds to a halt with EO 10 showing. Turning off doesn't do anything but leave it for ten mins and all is well again. WO13 is apparently motor overheating but it has done much stiffer climbs on much hotter days without this happening. I have cleaned and dielectric greased all contacts with no change . Any bright ideas?

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
Error W013 is not overheating but Torque Sensor related, and probably it causes the battery to abruptly cut power to motor without a previous notification through the data interface and this causes the E010.

W013 – Initialization of torque sensor not completed successfully
Restrictions:

Power assist may be lower than usual.
Remedy:
With foot off the pedal, press battery power button and turn on power again. If no improvement, contact place of purchase.

It might happen if you power on the bike while moving the pedals, but you say it happens while pedaling uphill, so looks like this is not the case. Torque Sensor is internal to the motor and I am not aware of any silver bullet to fix it, and Shimano does not sell spare parts to fix the errors.

Last edited:

Varaxis

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2018
California, USA
I experienced this error pattern too, in the same situation.

I already have the E020 error, followed by E010, which has me cleaning the battery contacts on a regular basis. I get the wheel speed W010 thing too sometimes, maybe because the magnet is too far under heavy pedal mashing. The W013 one happens and I often forget about it, with it only cutting out power for a millisecond on steep and slow climbs, causing a few stutters. I'm usually not free to look at the screen...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles