• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Winter tyre combo for 150mm travel Levo HT.

Baker

Jun 11, 2019
Hayling Island
Been using DHF/Aggressor combo for most of summer yet getting a bit wet on the local trails now so need more traction and mud release. The 29x2.3 dhf will go on the back whatever but choice is a wider 2.5 DHF upfront or a Maxxis Shorty?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Wider dry tread makes zero sense for wet/soft conditions

Mary or Shorty for mixed terrain wet conditions (depending on how well you cope with mud riding)

DHFs are fine (V. predictable) in wet conditions if you're a quick rider used to how a dry tyre performs but thy have shit braking performance and clog if you loose speed

Baker

Jun 11, 2019
Hayling Island
You say a DHF tread makes no sense for winter yet I see people riding Mary's on the driest, flattest of trails in summer, they are know as a safe choice for the ebike novice though.

I find the DHF clears fine and i like the protection of Maxxis so would likely choose a Shorty. Although it's wet in the UK, Its very mixed ground at the moment once in the forrest so I'd have no issue with a DHF upfront as well but just thought I'd throw it out there.?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
No. I didn't say that mate

Re read my post. ^^

Mary's are still decent (to a point) in bone dry conditions... kinda their best quality

I don't like shortys nearly as much as a Mary as an all rounder

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles