Will a 170mm dropper fit a medium E-Sommet frame?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
absolutely it will fit

it probably won't insert fully into the seat tube though. ie. dropper post collar slammed right down to the frame seat tube collar.

What's your inside leg measurement?

I run a 170mm BX on my 2019 small frame.
inserted as deep as it'll go (and extended fully) it's the perfect height for pedalling with a low stack railed saddle. (SLR or Prime) and 165mm cranks
with a taller stack saddle it's too high
My inseam is 33"

I can't really see the medium frame being able to insert the post any further down than my small. (it's down inside the seat tube towards the shock area that restricts insertion depth, not the actual seat tube length.

N1ck

Dec 10, 2018
UK
33" as well.

How much out of the frame does the seat post collar sit on your bike?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
You can shim a B-X in a similar fashion to a oneupcomponents post if you only need 10mm or so lower saddle height

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Where are you? I have a 170mm One up that I am currently not using that if you are local to me you can try in the frame.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
You can actually feel the taper/step where the seattube reaming ends from below (above the shock) and then you should be able to measure whether the BX 170mm will fit you.
the 170mm BX post is 465mm from rails to post end.
the actuator is around 35mm but doesn't foul the shock when fully bottomed inside the seat tube.

The One Up might cause issues (did in my frame) as they use a funky actuator where the OUTER cable moves rather than the inner meaning it needs more room under the post (and there wasn't space with the shock positioning)

if you need a low stack saddle
Prime Ti (£17.99) or Selle Italia SLR (£100+) are among the lowest around.
Both are very similar shape/size (racey minimalist) the SLR is slightly more flexible/comfortable and up to 50-100g lighter depending on how much money you chuck at it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles