Whyte e160rs

RsGaz

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
N. Lincolnshire
I’ve got one on order, should be here end of the month beginning of next, just wondering if anyone that has this bike has had any problems with it at all?

N9VNS

Jun 26, 2020
South Wales
I’ve got an e160rs and absolutely love it. Have had a couple of issues but it hasnt put me off the bike at all. Forks had a full rebuild under warranty as they kept losing pressure and I’m having issues with my dropper post now, it won’t go down. Stripped it and cleaned it the other day, worked perfectly for 2 rides but now its started failing again. Going to strip it again on the weekend and see if I can find any score marks or anything that may be causing the issue but my lbs where I purchased it has said to drop it over to them the first week of January and they’ll sort whatever it is under warranty.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
mine is a e180 RS. No issues, really well designed and build and with top notch kit. Have not had to touch it yet other than cleaning and lubeing.

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
Yes I’ve got the e160rs. I’m not sure but I think the dropper is a sealed cartridge so easily replaceable? Under warranty if course !

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
I’ve got an e160rs and absolutely love it. Have had a couple of issues but it hasnt put me off the bike at all. Forks had a full rebuild under warranty as they kept losing pressure and I’m having issues with my dropper post now, it won’t go down. Stripped it and cleaned it the other day, worked perfectly for 2 rides but now its started failing again. Going to strip it again on the weekend and see if I can find any score marks or anything that may be causing the issue but my lbs where I purchased it has said to drop it over to them the first week of January and they’ll sort whatever it is under warranty.
Gutted for you mate, nowt worse than shedding out loads of the hard earned and things aren’t 100%....sounds like your LBS are on it

RsGaz

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
N. Lincolnshire
Comments all sounding really good, apart from the issue with the forks, but suppose that’s out of Whytes control, hopefully I’ll have my hands on in in three or four weeks, can’t wait ?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Just found an E-160 RS in stock at a local BS if anyone is interested:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles