Whyte e160 rs ..

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Picked it up on Tuesday..having waited for a few weeks for it to arrive ( large )..
First ride out yesterday on the Bolts Law route in the North Pennines ( I gave that route to Tom Hutton at Mbr back in 2006 which was the first time it had featured anywhere) ..and is a real favourite of mine ..
What can I say ?
Its a bloody awesome bike and matches and goes way beyond all expectations .
Pics maybe sometime in the future as I was having way too much fun to take any ..
Thanks also to Nick & Jaco ..my mtb buddies who by a stroke of luck and fate just so happened to be riding in the same area at the same time ..???

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Kilham 5 ..well worth a look up ..the 4-5km of tarmac up from Baybridge is a bit of a ball ache but well worth it for the single-track climb onto Bolts Law itself then the drop from the top and back to Edmundbyers is mtb gold ..hope you enjoy it !

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Being new ..not sure how to drop a pic or two ..anyway will give it a go .
If this works these are pics of my nearest local ride in the southern end of Kielder Forest one of Europes largest man made forests ..
20 miles to the north are the trail centre Black's / Reds & Blue man made single-track which start from Kielder Castle ..there is also the Lakeside Way which circum-navigates Kielder Water ( 27 miles approx)...
But enough of the fluff ..its the bike thats the star of the show ..?
20201011_135331.jpg

20201011_135351.jpg

20201011_135728.jpg

Vans

Dec 5, 2020
Wrexham
hi...looks superb!! How do you find the Large please? I am 5'10" and at the top for med and bottom of the range for the large, so would really appreciate your thoughts
cheers Martin

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Hmm...not sure how to answer this for you..
It fits like a glove but I'm 6'0 ..so bang in the middle for a large ..at 5' 10" I would tend to suggest that you go for large ..I don't think it would be oversized ..its a shame you live so far away as I would have let you try mine ..

Vans

Dec 5, 2020
Wrexham
thanks for the info...and the kind offer, I think you are right, I will try and find one to check the size

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Good luck ...and I hope you have some success in getting a test ride..
Actually getting your hands on a bike should you then decide to buy one might test your patience a little ..the lead times into this country are long to say the least and finding one in stock anywhere is about as rare as hens teeth ...??

Mr President

Sep 20, 2020
monmouth,wales
hi...looks superb!! How do you find the Large please? I am 5'10" and at the top for med and bottom of the range for the large, so would really appreciate your thoughts
cheers Martin
Hi Vans
I am 5 ft 9 in and opted for the L on the E160. I explained my reasoning in another thread. I am happy with my choice, but think it comes down to riding style to some extent. I am at the limit of the L just in terms of stand over height alone.
bit far to come but I'd be happy to meet up in the Forest of Dean if you want to try it for sizing. Pedal a Bikeaway in FoD have both M and L in their hire fleet if you fancy a muddy day out!. They are also linked to Ace Cycles in Monmouth so maybe they would discount hire cost from any purchase?

jamesgarbett

May 28, 2020
mellor
At 6 feet tall I ended up on an XL after I got offered a big discount (no other sizes left). I was nervous it would be too big but it's great to ride. I reckon I would have been happy on L or XL. I am a strictly wheels on the ground rider which may make a difference. At full extension the standard 170mm post is perfect for me. I guess it depends on your leg length. I changed the stem to the shortest I could find (35mm?) and the saddle is slammed all the way forwards.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles