Whyte e-mtb

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Does anyone have a matt moss coloured one that they can take some outdoor pictures of? I'm considering the E-150 29er RS, just not sure about the colour...

Thanks

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
Does anyone have a matt moss coloured one that they can take some outdoor pictures of? I'm considering the E-150 29er RS, just not sure about the colour...

Thanks

This is the only one I’ve taken and I probably didn’t consider the background too well... it blends in a bit. I like the colour, looks great in the flesh (last bike was bright orange though so maybe I’m just enjoying being slightly less conspicuous).

1598374685229.jpeg

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Thanks, it does look better than the usual white background pictures, and as @ossiehere said, pictures don't do them justice, unfortunately there's none in stock to look at...

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
I'm currently looking at either the S or RS 29er, the most obvious difference is the forks, Rockshox Yari vs Lyrik, for general cross country and trail riding I don't think I'd notice much, if any difference, anyone think otherwise?

The only other 'upgrades' are the brakes and drivechain, but they might be more of a personal preference anyway.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
@highpeakrider seeing as you've now had time on your new bike, how does the Bosch motor compare with the Shimano regarding noise, I don't mean the much discussed rattle but the actual motor noise, is it any worse than the Shimano when doing about 15mph on a flat track for example?

Thanks

highpeakrider

E*POWAH Master
Aug 10, 2018
Peak District
@highpeakrider seeing as you've now had time on your new bike, how does the Bosch motor compare with the Shimano regarding noise, I don't mean the much discussed rattle but the actual motor noise, is it any worse than the Shimano when doing about 15mph on a flat track for example?

Thanks

The Bosch does not whine, its a different noise which to be fair I've not really noticed the motor noise when riding, I've also not noticed any knocking on rough terrain.

Power wise it seems a lot stronger and faster to respond, I was on a step hill the over day and had to move to a flatter section to get started, in EMBT the bike just wanted to wheelie no matter how little power I tried to feed in.

Overall I'm very pleased with it, just have to adapt to using EMBT on the technical elements or where you want control over power delivery and learn how to apply it, you soon start to get used to it.

highpeakrider

E*POWAH Master
Aug 10, 2018
Peak District
This is the only one I’ve taken and I probably didn’t consider the background too well... it blends in a bit. I like the colour, looks great in the flesh (last bike was bright orange though so maybe I’m just enjoying being slightly less conspicuous).

@simonk Could you provide a link to the stand you are using?

Cheers Phil

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
The Bosch does not whine, its a different noise which to be fair I've not really noticed the motor noise when riding, I've also not noticed any knocking on rough terrain.

Power wise it seems a lot stronger and faster to respond, I was on a step hill the over day and had to move to a flatter section to get started, in EMBT the bike just wanted to wheelie no matter how little power I tried to feed in.

Overall I'm very pleased with it, just have to adapt to using EMBT on the technical elements or where you want control over power delivery and learn how to apply it, you soon start to get used to it.

That's interesting, one (of many) technical issues I have is starting on steep inclines :LOL:

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
@simonk Could you provide a link to the stand you are using?

Cheers Phil
Phil,
It’s one of these. Don’t get too excited though as it doesn’t quite get the back wheel far enough off the ground for it to rotate freely...

Ibera Easy Utility Bicycle Stand, Adjustable Height, Foldable Mechanic Repair Rack Bike Stand For Bicycle Storage

Last edited:

Tribey

Jan 1, 2019
South Devon, UK
I have a similar stand, £11 from ebay. With the legs correctly splayed, I can get the rear wheel of my e150 off the ground to allow for chain lubing or washing. It's very handy and folds away flat.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I had a quick go on the 160RS today, have ridden the 150 last year - Definitely the best EMTB on the market IMO right now for UK riding if you want the a big battery (caveating that as it still weighs a fair amount), totally sorted out he box with a great spec in terms of the things that matter, and so much fun to ride, and great looking to boot. Its handling is what sets it apart.

highpeakrider

E*POWAH Master
Aug 10, 2018
Peak District
I had a quick go on the 160RS today, have ridden the 150 last year - Definitely the best EMTB on the market IMO right now for UK riding if you want the a big battery (caveating that as it still weighs a fair amount), totally sorted out he box with a great spec in terms of the things that matter, and so much fun to ride, and great looking to boot. Its handling is what sets it apart.

Reminds me of my old T130, point it downhill and go, gives great confidence and I seem to be going to fast for my years. The rear triangle seems a little small with not a great deal of clearance with just a 2.5 on, I’d like a bit more mud clearance.

Nakedebiker

Jul 7, 2020
West Yorkshire
Reminds me of my old T130, point it downhill and go, gives great confidence and I seem to be going to fast for my years. The rear triangle seems a little small with not a great deal of clearance with just a 2.5 on, I’d like a bit more mud clearance.
I'm running 2.6 eddy currents which have enough clearance. I tried the 2.8 version which did fit but it was a bit too tight for my liking.

simonc

Jan 6, 2020
Ormskirk
Would you mind to share which bolts you bought? Size length and material? I just ruined the torx head of one :(
took the original to local diy store and replaced with hex sorry can't remember the size have been fine though also attached a cord to the battery makes it a lot easier to swop out.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles