Whyte e-mtb

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
My 150RS came with tubeless ready rims, tubeless ready tyres, but with inner tubes fitted.

Same with my E150S, just got the tubeless sealant and valves and was sorted.

Ps, the tyres were a right bitch to get off the rims, needed a good folding over.

Tribey

Jan 1, 2019
South Devon, UK
Same with my E150S, just got the tubeless sealant and valves and was sorted.

Ps, the tyres were a right bitch to get off the rims, needed a good folding over.

Fortunately my LBS asked if I wanted to pick mine up already tubeless as part of the deal, so I missed that agro.

simonc

Jan 6, 2020
Ormskirk
Hi All was wondering if anyone has swopped from a Levo to a 150 and their thoughts currently have a 2018 Levo and considering changing to a E150

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Hi All was wondering if anyone has swopped from a Levo to a 150 and their thoughts currently have a 2018 Levo and considering changing to a E150
If you are in the area Finch Cycles in Reigate have a size L demo model

Jezzer

Oct 25, 2018
Hampshire

I moved from a 2019 Levo to a 150RS.

Plus for 150
Playful
Agile
27.5 suits my 5’10 size better for me medium
EMTB MODE is great
Grip is amazing
Bigger battery, sshh but even bigger battery being announced soon so I am led to believe!
Not sure there is a lot of difference in weights
Better choices of tyres on 27.5, personal opinion maybe
Better wheels I broke 4 spokes on Levo

Cons
Not so quick on flat sections as Levo, I ride with a mate who still has a Levo, not much in it but it is about 0.5 mph I reckon
Pedal strike at first as you can pedal so much more with the grip and you get used to when not too

Both great bikes but for fun the 150 is much better and I find more in tune. I would if money allowed have a derestricted Levo or something else though for longer pub rides maybe. Someone my be able to derestrict the new Gen 4 though?

simonc

Jan 6, 2020
Ormskirk
I moved from a 2019 Levo to a 150RS.

Plus for 150
Playful
Agile
27.5 suits my 5’10 size better for me medium
EMTB MODE is great
Grip is amazing
Bigger battery, sshh but even bigger battery being announced soon so I am led to believe!
Not sure there is a lot of difference in weights
Better choices of tyres on 27.5, personal opinion maybe
Better wheels I broke 4 spokes on Levo

Cons
Not so quick on flat sections as Levo, I ride with a mate who still has a Levo, not much in it but it is about 0.5 mph I reckon
Pedal strike at first as you can pedal so much more with the grip and you get used to when not too

Both great bikes but for fun the 150 is much better and I find more in tune. I would if money allowed have a derestricted Levo or something else though for longer pub rides maybe. Someone my be able to derestrict the new Gen 4 though?
Thanks for the note know thinking do I hang on for the bigger battery :) ahhh decisions

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I saw a review on You Tube which I think mentioned that there was more space in the downtube for a bigger battery.
That doesn't mean there'll actually be one though, and not all bikes will have that space. I'm pretty sure the manufacturers would get prior warning of a major change like that and would design their bikes accordingly.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Yep that’s what I had heard and yes it is reliable and no I won’t say who it was.
It's just vapourware until there's a reliable source. I'm sure there'd be something out there in internet-land other than wishful thinking from owners if it was likely.

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
Has anyone swapped out the chainring yet? I've noticed I'm never using the largest gear on the cassette so I'm thinking of putting a 36t chainring on her to see if it helps.
Looks like I need an X sync 2 direct drive chainring but some are 3mm and others 6mm offset.
#confused

raymondo

Jan 17, 2019
Sussex
Has anyone swapped out the chainring yet? I've noticed I'm never using the largest gear on the cassette so I'm thinking of putting a 36t chainring on her to see if it helps.
Looks like I need an X sync 2 direct drive chainring but some are 3mm and others 6mm offset.
#confused
I need a new chainring as mine is worn out already. 825 miles do far.
I’d probably stay with the 34 though as it’s harder to pedal after the motor cut off speed

raymondo

Jan 17, 2019
Sussex
Also re battery. A 625wh battery is only 415ish mm long. That down tube is waaay longer than that. I reckon a 1000wh would fit.
How cool would that be?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I've ridden both and would say yes but the e180 is head and shoulders above both for me.

raymondo

Jan 17, 2019
Sussex
views on the RS over the S is the extra £500 worth it for an average rider for the higher spec ?
I’ve ridden both too. Too me it’s not worth it.
The Yari fork Is fantastic. You’d have to be a downhill God to notice the extra 5% that Lyrik gives. Granted the Maxxis tyres are better and I hated the 12 speed as the gear change was grumbly and not as smooth. The more expensive brakes were essentially the same in use, didn’t notice any difference.
I rode 48 miles on the RS.
The S is a total bargain I reckon. Sometimes base models are to be avoided, but not here.
The only corner they’ve cut is those awful cranks. I’ve bent 2 already and will be getting some Hope E bike ones @ £150.

simonc

Jan 6, 2020
Ormskirk
I’ve ridden both too. Too me it’s not worth it.
The Yari fork Is fantastic. You’d have to be a downhill God to notice the extra 5% that Lyrik gives. Granted the Maxxis tyres are better and I hated the 12 speed as the gear change was grumbly and not as smooth. The more expensive brakes were essentially the same in use, didn’t notice any difference.
I rode 48 miles on the RS.
The S is a total bargain I reckon. Sometimes base models are to be avoided, but not here.
The only corner they’ve cut is those awful cranks. I’ve bent 2 already and will be getting some Hope E bike ones @ £150.
thanks really helpful

Sam E180

Aug 20, 2019
Barnsley
I've ridden both and would say yes but the e180 is head and shoulders above both for me.

LBS says “my” e180 is currently on the water. Fingers crossed a couple of weeks wait left now ? I ride Peak District at weekends and Surrey hills during the week most weeks, if anyone wants a bash on mine when it arrives you would be very welcome (if you can prise it away from me?) ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles