Whyte e-mtb

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Just had the first service, the rerouting of the cables and a brake bleed. All fine and looks better with the recabling. Great service as ever from Pedals in Ferndown!
can you post a pic of the routing?

Danp83

Nov 22, 2019
England
Ready for my first ride tomorrow. Upped the forks to 160mm travel, full invisiframe kit and fitted hope v4 front and back. Can’t wait to get out on it.
73DC6376-74EF-46FA-956B-BDCA4CF91848.jpeg

Tribey

Jan 1, 2019
South Devon, UK
Ready for my first ride tomorrow. Upped the forks to 160mm travel, full invisiframe kit and fitted hope v4 front and back. Can’t wait to get out on it.

I cannot get on with the SRAM brake levers, I need something with Biting Point adjustablility.
Why did you change to Hope?

Jezzer

Oct 25, 2018
Hampshire

I cannot get on with the SRAM brake levers, I need something with Biting Point adjustablility.

That’s my only gripe. The brakes are not as good as ones I have had previously.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Rode with a chap on a 19 Levo and seemed a lot more powerful than the Whyte. Had to ride it in ‘tour’ to keep up with him in eco mode.
Think you can customize settings/power levels on Levo maybe he had them
Tweaked?

Keep in mind that there's no settings standards between manufactures. I find default Eco on a Kenevo to be considerably higher in assistance than default eco on an e8000 (not ridden a bosch), it's part way to e8000 Trail mode. At the same time, it will eat through the battery faster - nothing is free :)

Tribey

Jan 1, 2019
South Devon, UK

I've moved the brakes inboard a bit, and had to move the dropper bracket outside of the back brake, and it feels much better, so I'll stick with the SRAMs.

Danp83

Nov 22, 2019
England
I’ve never really got on with SRAM brakes. Hopes you can adjust to exactly how you want them and I find the modulation on them is brilliant.

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
How are you finding the coil?

I've only been out on it once since it got fitted due to working away and falling off when I hit some ice :cry:.
First impression was very good, yes it needs some more dialling in with the rebound and low speed compression but it felt great, much smoother (for want of a better word) than the original shock. My mate is the suspension expert but he's been on holiday for the past couple of weeks so he'll no doubt advise me on getting it set correctly (y)

Matthew87

Aug 8, 2019
Sweden
About bumping the front fork travel up. My original fork was damaged, so I'm waiting for a replacement. In the meanwhile I have the fork from my G-170C Works, which is 180mm, and I think it rides a lot better with that than the original 150mm. I have a Smashpot coil conversion on the way, so I will set it and 170 mm when I get my replacement fork.

oz555

Dec 24, 2019
North Wales
Hi there. Has anyone else experienced sagging on the E150s fork? Mine arrived (bought online)with the Yari sitting at 10%/10 mark under its own weight. My LBS was quite sure it wasn’t right, so we sent it back to SRAM. They returned it rebuilt but still sagging with a note saying that sagging is normal. We couldn’t work out why they rebuilt it if it was normal. Doesn’t look right to me and visually looks short on travel.
Anyone else getting this?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
What was the air pressure in the forks? I'd expect some sag, especially at lower pressures; it's not like the bike is lighter than air.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
At that pressure I'd definitely expect the forks to sag under the weight of the bike. How much does it sag when you're on the bike?

raymondo

Jan 17, 2019
Sussex
I had the same with mine. One of the first bikes to be delivered and it went back to whyte before I’d even ridden it. They were rebuilt by SRAM. They never made any comment and yes they are pretty much the same as before. Having now ridden over 600 miles on it and also tested an RS, I still prefer the yari over the lyrik.

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
Hi there. Has anyone else experienced sagging on the E150s fork? Mine arrived (bought online)with the Yari sitting at 10%/10 mark under its own weight. My LBS was quite sure it wasn’t right, so we sent it back to SRAM. They returned it rebuilt but still sagging with a note saying that sagging is normal. We couldn’t work out why they rebuilt it if it was normal. Doesn’t look right to me and visually looks short on travel.
Anyone else getting this?
I thought this is normal,all my previous forks have and my two 180mm lyriks run at 7-10% sag or droop?

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
I had this after I'd given mine its first lower leg service. It was negative air pressure in the lower fork legs, I'd misread the manual and assembled the fork at full compression. Does the fork extend if you lift the front up, if you pull down on the lower legs is there a resistance? Solution is to either push a zip tie between the stanchion and the seal to let air in - never fancied doing this, or undoing the bolts at the bottom of the fork, breaking the seals, extending the fork and doing it all up, should put in new crush washers but you might get away without.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
In a couple of instances above it sounds like the pos ang chamber pressures have not been equalised. The fork needs to be cycled several times as you add pressure. Each time you cycle the fork your pressure reading should go down. When you have fully equalised the air presdure the reading will remain constant. A fork with no sag just under the weight of the bike will be very harsh.

oz555

Dec 24, 2019
North Wales
I did a fair bit of research and tried these techniques before the warranty rebuild. Made no difference in my case unfortunately. Cheers for replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles