Whyte E 150 owners

raymondo

Jan 17, 2019
Sussex
A note to anyone who has bought/thinking of buying.
My bike came with a 2A charger that took 8.8 hours to charge from flat.
My LBS website said it was meant to be the 4A charger, but when I checked on the Whyte website, that said the 2A one is supplied with the bike.
My LBS has now looked into it and got me a 4A charger that will do the job in 4.5 Hrs, Whyte have since changed their ad.
So just a heads up to anyone that has the 2A one, take it back and they should swap it out?

killaklik

Oct 14, 2019
United Kingdom
Not a bad idea, does the speed affect the longevity of the battery. Any of you guys done any protection on your cranks or have you had any pedal strike's yet.

Jezzer

Oct 25, 2018
Hampshire
Not a bad idea, does the speed affect the longevity of the battery. Any of you guys done any protection on your cranks or have you had any pedal strike's yet.

No idea but my argument would be don’t sell it if it causes issues. On test I did but I guess you can’t have low centre of gravity and not have a few. Not overly concerned at mo though.

Trail-Niels

E*POWAH Master
Jul 15, 2019
Silkeborg, Denmark
No idea but my argument would be don’t sell it if it causes issues. On test I did but I guess you can’t have low centre of gravity and not have a few. Not overly concerned at mo though.
It’s aluminum so don’t worry it can take a lot of hits without any problems. If you for cosmetic reason don’t want scratches do get some crank boots.

raymondo

Jan 17, 2019
Sussex
Had quite a few pedal strikes and actually bent my right hand crank.
Complained to my LBS and got a free replacement. He said I wasn’t riding my bike properly?

killaklik

Oct 14, 2019
United Kingdom
Oh dear, I know these bikes have a low center of gravity and I guess this is the reason that cranks will be struck, one of the reasons I need boots before going on the trails although these must have been some heavy duty strike's to bend the crank

raymondo

Jan 17, 2019
Sussex
I tend to pedal through everything, which I never did on my mtb, that maybe some of the problem. I am going to try running a bit less sag than recommended. It’s an absolute riot in singletrack and downhill trails though, so a small price to pay?

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Not a bad idea, does the speed affect the longevity of the battery.
Charging faster will increase the internal temperature of the pack vs. a slower charge; that increased temperature will in turn increase the rate of degradation (both cycle life and capacity). However, how much of a difference that will actually make in the real world I don't think anyone will be able to tell you as there are lots of other variables - storage SOC, ambient storage and usage temperature, riding style (i.e. lots of boost on steeps vs eco opn the flat) etc. - that can also have a significant effect.

Personally I would recommend you only use the 6A charger when you really need too i.e. over lunch in the pub on a full days riding), and the rest of the time use the standard one.

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
I'm hoping to pull the trigger on an E 150S but I'm working away in Oz for another 11 days, a local shop has one in my size as well :rolleyes:

mingliu

May 23, 2020
London
I have a few tech questions for owners:

a) What does the bike ride like with 160mm travel forks if you have upgraded the forks ? 150mm is fine for UK but I may want to take it to the alps and the extra travel will help.

b) What is the rear shock eye to eye and stroke length? I can't find this spec anywhere and I have a spare coil shock that may fit the bike.

cheers

mtb64

Oct 22, 2018
UK
Has anyone got a the E150 in the extra small? if so, could you upload a picture? I'm wondering how compact this looks. Also I suspect the brace tube between the top and seat tube is missing on the XS. Can anyone confirm this? Cheers!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles