Why no cover for the battery charging point

Yorkshire Rich

Aug 1, 2019
westyorkshire
as the title says iv'e only just set my focus jam up and flown round my local streets so far love it . I am awaiting a towbar fitted to my car next week before i give it it's maiden test. anyhow all looks ok but mine doesn't have a rubber/plastic cover on the battery charging point under the top frame body (i'm assuming its the charge point) Is this the same with all focus bikes or has mine been sent without one. I know its protected a bit but does anyone cover it with say tape when riding because mud and rain getting into it can't be good for it.

BBear

May 18, 2019
Bristol
My Focus Jam was an ex-display and the cover was missing. Keep meaning to order a cover but it’s had a year of hard use and loads of washes and it hasn’t been a problem.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
It should come with a magnetic plug that should "snap" into place. It has the same format as your charger.
The connectors and caps are from Rosenberger
https://www.rosenberger.com/0_documents/de/catalogs/ba_automotive/AUTO_RoPD_Flyer_2016.pdf

The caps are quite cheap (like £2-3), more with p&p. But I would go back to your retailer first as they should have provided one. The magnetic strength seems to vary, because on the first Focus I saw, the cap didn't "SNAP" into place it sort of fell into place and didn't inspire confidence that it would stay there on the trail. The one on my bike nearly takes your fingers off when it clicks into place and you have to have dry fingers to remove it.

Yorkshire Rich

Aug 1, 2019
westyorkshire
Think I’ve found it laying in the bottom of the bag good job I didn’t bin the bag . Is this it guys .

225B74DC-1FBC-46D0-BC8C-ECD16CE8810A.jpeg

AC5C6B8B-6136-4616-A599-FDDF7C2CE5FF.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles