Article Why are E-Bikes becoming So Expensive?

BenRoberts_EMTB

Author
Jun 8, 2019
Snowdonia
I’m guessing I’m not the the only one waiting for a new bike right now?

“When ebikes get cheaper I’ll get one”

How many times have you heard this said by friends or colleagues that still don’t get the whole EMTB thing? If their mental barrier to entry is the price then there’s a good chance they may never get around to buying one. Why? Well, chances are your reluctant friend may never see premium brand ebikes for sale cheaper than in 2021.

Whilst we are seeing a handful of great value, direct sales brands; Vitus, YT, Canyon and now Saracen to name just a few, the general cost of ebikes still appear to be rising year on year.

In this video I discuss the major reasons for these price rises and whether now is the right time to buy a new ebike.

Enjoy.

Continue reading...

smtkelly

Feb 13, 2020
ldn
I think we'll not see any leveling off till 2023 then you might see some break away brands/industry disruption zag instead of zig and we'll see some big optioned budget bangers.

EME

MUPPET
Subscriber
Aug 14, 2020
Zug
Lot more simple answer. That analysis is way-too - up - my butt.

Simple fact is Pricks like Me started buying them.

LiKe my Post if you recognise yourself in me. Dislike / frown if you are a real eeb-er of more than 2 years standing.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
because you waited too long making up too many stupid excuses when you should have just bought one 3 years ago?

*disclaimer: Haven't watched the video, simply answering the title question

EME

MUPPET
Subscriber
Aug 14, 2020
Zug
because you waited too long making up too many stupid excuses when you should have just bought one 3 years ago?

*disclaimer: Haven't watched the video, simply answering the title question
Touchee .. but you assume some of us could spell TBM 3 years ago .. let alone be wired on the subject .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles