Which trailcenters are best south-east england?

spacemonkey

Sep 29, 2018
belgium
Hello,
I live at the coast in Belgium (really flat here). I usually go to the south of belgium for enduro riding, but this is a 2 and a half hour drive one way (but the trails are worldclass, luckily)
Since i live close to the eurotunnel, i'm looking at doing a 2 day trip to the south of england. This way the eurotunnel ticket is cheap. (if you stay more than 2 days it's much more expensive)
I've been to Surrey Hills before and absolutely loved it.

My question: which two trailcenters would you recommend doing? Departure early in the morning, arrive somewhere...ride...look for a place to sleep for one night...next day ride again (different trail center)...go back home in the evening

I mainly ride enduro, but love some good flowtrails and jumps too.

thanks

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
There are no great trail centres in the south of England.
You've got Swinley, Bedgebury and Queen Elizabeth park.
Which I certainly wouldn't travel across the channel for.
In my opinion the best we've got is Surrey Hills , it's not a trail centre but it's the best we've got down south.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Ok. So maybe it would be better to drive a little further to Bike park wales and Forrest of Dean??
That would be better.
I would do Bike Park Wales as a uplift day and then do Afan Forest as a bigger out there XC ride.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
BPW is amazing. As said the SE doesn't have a huge amount and we do have is limited.
Various stuff is shut at this time of year too. a lot of BPW is hardpacked roadstone etc so the weather doesn't really matter too much

Its about 5-6 hours driving though from the SE coast.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles