• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Which SPD shoes?

Jun 10, 2018
United Kingdom
I am getting Crank Brothers Mallet DH race pedals, and was wondering what would be the best shoe to go with them for my E-bike. Any suggestions? I am asking here purely based on the fact that E-biking requires a lot of climbing, so an Enduro shoe may not be suitable, like for example the Shimano ME7.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I run Specialized 2FO Cliplite
FAA65C5C-F29D-4E91-8086-9EDA819CCDE2.jpeg

I also run these Five Ten Impact VXi clipless
When I am riding non specialized bikes on photo shoots

6180A139-D8A6-4C98-84A1-858449E8A84A.jpeg

The Specialized shoes are just more comfortable, fit better and are more durable.

Specialized just makes better clipless shoes
But I prefer Five Ten flat shoes to Specialized

EddieJ

Founding Member
May 1, 2018
I just wear whatever branded spd mtb shoes that I find on special offer. I wear them on the bike, not to walk around the shops in, and after a week of use in wet muddy riding conditions , it makes zero difference to me what I'm wearing on my feet.

Last edited:

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
I would have said the Me7 was a great choice , it’s marketed as being a stiff shoe for climbing with added protection for agressive trail , so an ideal enduro shoe a friend bought some last year and was saying it felt like he could put power down with them .
Apart from the price they are my next shoe I think , Iam just waiting for a sale , I like them because the ankle cuff will help stop the annoying trail grit that ends up in your shoes and the flap over the lace helps with mud protection and easy cleaning .
I like these too Mavic Deemax Elite MTB SPD Shoes 2018 | Chain Reaction Cycles
I get fed up with most spd shoes having too much mesh and ventilation , it rarely hot enough here to need that , and the first puddle and your feet are wet , would prefer straps to laces too , but can’t seem to find that in this sort of shoe .

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I just chuck my Impacts in the washing machine. They come out sparkling clean and super sticky. I have a couple of small fans I stuff in them to dry them out.

Reactions: Dax

EddieJ

Founding Member
May 1, 2018
One shoe that I'd certainly not recommend, although they have been superseded anyway, is the Shimano MW81

The sole on both, separated after roughly a year of use, but as Shimano have a 2yr product guarantee, I simply returned them and in my favour exchanged them for of two cheaper pairs of summer shoes and a pair of BB overshoes. The combination has proved to be far more successful for wet and muddy riding. I also now silicon the inside of the sole of the shoes around the cleat area.

31.JPG

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles