Which of these 2 bikes?

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Decathlon Stilus £2699
Focus Jam 6.7 £3999

Both seem to have very similar specs despite the huge price difference.

Bosch gen 4
RockShox 150mm travel

Admittedly the Focus does have a 625 battery as opposed to the Stilus’s 500 but am I missing something here?
is the Focus a much better bike and if so, why?

3C3CB9BF-DE74-486E-A8BC-1D26CDC8F52E.jpeg
C17FCC0B-54D0-41A0-ADF8-727D2C9BC763.jpeg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Aside from the battery,Focus has a better fork, that can also have the internals upgraded (which you cant fro with the Gold on the Stilus), and I would rate the SLX groupset as much better than the Sram SX in terms of real world performance (but thats personal preference, never got on with Sram), and some of the components on the Focus, e.g the Race Face wheels are recognised brand names, though whether they are nay better than what's on the Stilus is hard to say. Focus has longer dropper post too.

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Oh and obviously the Focus is a 29'r, and probably has more on trend geometry

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Can you actually buy the decathlon bike anywhere? They could be selling it for 50p,but if its out of stock you can't have it.

The geo on the focus looks more like what I would want from a bike compared to the decathlon bike.

The decathlon bike is 2kg heavier than the focus, that's a big difference, especially considering the decathlon bike has the lighter battery. Don't let anyone tell you that weight doesn't matter on an e bike, 100g here or there won't matter but 2kg is a big difference.

For me I would go for the focus out of the 2, but it all depends what yours going to be doing with the bike, if just pootling along canal towpaths then the decathlon bike would probably be the best choice.

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I think the Focus Jam he is talking about is the roughly the same weight as the Stilus, its the Bosch Version, the one with the Shimano motor is significantly lighter

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I haven't checked the geometry charts, but the Stilus looks to have a short reach. I have a long upper body and the Focus fits me very well.

I keep reading that weight doesn't matter on an ebike, but it does. Not just when riding, but when lifting over gates, stiles, onto the roof rack. And another thing! Try manhandling a heavy bike when you have injured an arm or shoulder. :(

PS: If you haven't got the extra £1300 for the Focus, then it's a moot point.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I think the Focus Jam he is talking about is the roughly the same weight as the Stilus, its the Bosch Version, the one with the Shimano motor is significantly lighter
The bosch focus is 23.5kg according to the focus website, the stilus is 25.5kg according to the decathlon website

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles