Which gps

Fiambre

Feb 19, 2019
España
As a Garmin employee, now that these priducts have been announced, I can say that I have been riding with the Edge 530 and occasionally the Edge 830. I prefer buttons, but the 830 is a little easier to use.

Both of these devices paired with the BLE / Bluetooth Smart on my Yamaha-PW-SE Haibike SDURO, which outputs human power and cadence. I paired heart rate at the same time, which resulted in an additional power / heart rate screen.

130 watts is a comfortable pace for me, 61 years old, usually peaking to around 200 accelerating; but I’ve hit 600 watts on the road coming home from my ride. I’m old and slow.

Around here in Arizona, trail routing has been good the times I’ve tested this (much easier on the 830 with touch screen)

I'm thinking of buying the new Garmin 830 for my Scott with Shimano E8000. Anyone know if with this Garmin I will be able to see all the possible information of the sensors that the ebike brings? Battery in%, cadence, kms. of autonomy, help mode, level of this help etc ...
Or to be able to see all this information I will also have to buy the device EW-EN100?

Strindberg

Sep 24, 2021
Strasbourg, France
Like I wrote in two german forums pedelecforum.de
and mtb-news.de >>> Sigma GPS Rox 12.0 Sport

the gps Sigma Rox 12.0 is only good and reliable,
if you have made your tracks at home with Komoot for example.

But, you may never leave the track for a while ,
because the Sigma is not able to find correctly the good / best way. It is lost for ever.
So you should sometimes made... 250km more to find again the track... if you would be an honest follower !!!

If you stay on the track it is 100% OK.

As computer the Sigma Rox 12.0 is absolutely the best and you can follow all your drives on the Sigma Cloud. Perfect.

------------------

But we all know around the planet that the accu is nothing worth since new.
For me it doesn't matter, I use a powerbank with the USB.

On the german forums we read all time that a Sigma coworker
apologises and apologises all the time since 2 or 3 years, but nothing has gone better.
For many other problems and also for the gps ability to rejoin the track / best track after a desired "faux pas".

----------------

But yesterday, after less than two years of use,
I saw that the screen was sudenly lifted out of the frame.

At home I opened the 9 screws on the back and I saw that the battery had swelled and pushed out the screen.

I ordered a new accu >>> Ersatzakku - CS-CRT310SL - Crestron TST-310 / 6508588 - 3,8 Volt 2000mAh Li-Polymer
https://akkuplus.de/Ersatzakku-CS-CRT310SL-Crestron-TST-310-6508588-38-Volt-2000mAh-Li-Polymer

by akkuplus.de

and it should be in this way OK again.

On the german forums we read all time time that a Sigma coworker apologises,
and apologises all the time since 2 or 3 years, but nothing has gone better.

Another gps from Sigma 13 (?) would be in the starting block, wait and see.

Schloß Favorite.jpg

Last edited:

Strindberg

Sep 24, 2021
Strasbourg, France
I have a new battery since a week.

The new battery is a little bit wider, it was necessary to cut with a cutter a little bit of the plastic base from the Rox 12.0

Pay close attention to the three micro connectors. You have to lift and not to pull them !

It works well... like before with Kommot tracks as a good follower and complete data recorder.

-----------------------------------

Does somebody know something about the next Sigma Rox generation ? (Rox 13.0... )

Djwwestwood

Apr 1, 2021
Sandiacre, Derbyshire
I have a garmin 1000 touring , nice big screen , battery life is very good , appping is good with a colour screen. It also has accident detection that will link to a phone and call your emergency contact if you crash , however you can set it off by going lairy down rocky descents

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Got to be the Garmin 1040 Solar; I've heard if you don't have one of those, you will get lost 100% of the time and end up living in a cave eating only animal carcasses and flies. Not my view, just the word on the street.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I have a Garmin Montana 600 with full UK OS 1:25k mapping. Was previously on an offroad motorbike, now have a RAM mount on the Trek Rail stem. Very nice but not cheap for sure.

Teriatric

Subscriber
Oct 29, 2021
North East England
This is my somewhat aged Garmin Oregon 450. Modded with a spare Cree torch cable to get rid of the useless AA batteries. I got two big 3.2volt Lithium cells from RS Components in the UK and made up a weatherproof battery box using a couple of condoms, both fit to the bars and it lasts forever and has been super reliable for tracking, although a little slow on initial pickup of satellites.
IMG_20220610_111406.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles