Which brake upgrade for 19 base levo

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Hi Guys, I'm the importer for CL Brakes (Motorsport) in the UK, I have a 2019 Levo myself and the Guide RE were ok, but a bit mushy and the brake lever travel a bit excessive for me, I really like an aggressive set up. Ive put the CL Pads in and the difference in lever was dramatic right away and a few minutes up and down the road the pads bedded right in, power is also improved.
I am looking to put stock in next month, I've put a couple of sets out there with other people and results have been the same.
So initial stock may have a lag until i get a handle on it, and production starts, Price should be £19.95 to your door.
We will go online soon with sales, but initially its email or phone.

Cheers Paul.

CL Braking UK Sole Distributor of Carbone Lorraine Brake Pads...Paul Chance +44 (0)7974 153967
Will you also support the new 4 pot Hayes Dominion brakes? According to your catalog it is not supported right now.

Karsten

Paul Chance

Jul 14, 2019
Solihull
Will you also support the new 4 pot Hayes Dominion brakes? According to your catalog it is not supported right now.

Karsten
Currently, if its not in the catalogue then for the moment i would have to say no, I've got to do an initial stock order, so I'm going to have to order the pads that are going to be the easiest (Most out there) to sell. It will be a learning curve, but I've done it all before with the motorsport racing stuff! :)

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
I'll be upgrading to Magura when I've got the spare $$$. Rode them in the Megavalanche and totally loved them..Also can't go wrong with Hope from what I hear.

MT5 are almost identical in feel and quality apparently.

Paul Chance

Jul 14, 2019
Solihull
Would one of you guys please tell me which part numbers are for the base Levo in this catalogue.
We have had the go ahead to distribute CL Brakes cycle pads in the UK ans we need to put a stock order in. I already use CL pads in my Levo Comp so will of course order a good chunk of those, but the base Levo i am sure would also benefit from some more "bite" i am sure! TIA
Paul@CLBrakesUk.

Attachments

• catalogue vélo 2016-2017 WEB.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 391

gaba

Dec 31, 2018
California
I will have a lightly used set of Code RSCs available for sale in a few weeks. I’ve always been a Shimano guy and the Codes came on my Levo. I tried to like them but I learned to ride with the feel of Shimano brakes. Hard to teach an old dog...

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK
Would one of you guys please tell me which part numbers are for the base Levo in this catalogue.
We have had the go ahead to distribute CL Brakes cycle pads in the UK ans we need to put a stock order in. I already use CL pads in my Levo Comp so will of course order a good chunk of those, but the base Levo i am sure would also benefit from some more "bite" i am sure! TIA
Paul@CLBrakesUk.

Base Levo Rears look to be 4021 from that catalogue. I replaced mine earlier this week. Ignore that - I'm now not convinced as I took another look and noticed they were Shimano!

If you don't get an answer on the fronts let me know and I'll take them out to compare for you, although they do look to be very similar to the rears

Last edited:

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK
The picture below is of a standard set of pads removed from the REAR of my 2019 Levo base model.

Lettering on the back of the pads says....
BC800
8M138

Untitled picture.png

gaba

Dec 31, 2018
California
Swapped the RSCs for some Saints. I will NEVER ride SRAM brakes again. I gave them a solid try but Shimano does brakes so much better for me. I was dreading threading the internal hose but it was surprisingly easy. I can finally come in hot to corners with confidence and control. I can brake late again!!! Not to mention no Dot fluid! Rejoice!

Neverbeentomoab

Jun 17, 2019
Middlesbrough
Update,I picked up my levo 2 weeks ago and decided to ride it without any upgrades apart from changing the forks to revs.took it to dalby in the pissing down rain and the brakes worked a lot better than I expected.they could do with a bleed but they are pretty good.i will upgrade eventually but going to upgrade other things first like a charger damper and travel increase to 160 mm.

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK
Update,I picked up my levo 2 weeks ago and decided to ride it without any upgrades apart from changing the forks to revs.took it to dalby in the pissing down rain and the brakes worked a lot better than I expected.they could do with a bleed but they are pretty good.i will upgrade eventually but going to upgrade other things first like a charger damper and travel increase to 160 mm.

I found the pads in my base Levo didn't last very long at all really.......
- The rears went first were replaced with a set of Aztec sintered pads I picked up from Sherwood Pines cycles as they had them in stock and I was there - the difference between stock and the sintered was night and day.

- I've just replaced the fronts with a set of uberbike race compound - Wow!

For a total cost of less than £25 the brakes have been transformed! Yes the sintered pads are a bit noisier but they stop so much better than the standard pads.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles