Where are you riding this weekend?

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Convinced my good lady to come and ride Darwen Hill/Jubilee Tower today, should be good conditions and great views. Might even take my 'proper' camera...

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Try pic of the day ..😉
Riding with a good half of the old gang ..another chance to get in Taskers ear about how he should really riding an ebike now ..
4 over aged schoolboys riding in the various woodland above Hexham ..starting in Cockwood ..fnarr fnarr😜
Yes met a 73 year old at Fochabers last week loving the ebike he said

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Busy few days ahead …

This evening - Turbo hour at Yearsley
Saturday - Suspension Doctor at Hamsterley
Sunday - Llandegla am, Coed Y Brenin pm
Monday - Coed y Brenin am, Penmachno pm
Tuesday - Coed y Brenin am, Marin trail pm
Wednesday - Llandegla

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Hoping to ride in the Cheviots from Alwinton ( as in the Rideout Section ) ..have a large dose of sniffles nose running like a dripping tap ( but not covid ) ..decision later with Jaco & Tasker waiting ( not sure if The EMF would be coming ?) ..sorry to keep you hanging lads 🤧

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Busy few days ahead …

This evening - Turbo hour at Yearsley
Saturday - Suspension Doctor at Hamsterley
Sunday - Llandegla am, Coed Y Brenin pm
Monday - Coed y Brenin am, Penmachno pm
Tuesday - Coed y Brenin am, Marin trail pm
Wednesday - Llandegla
When I did Coed Y Brenin it was best in Europe I was told . I thought I was the kiddy till I came up behind a group on unicycles , last lad shouting to his mates , two wheeler two wheeler look out. 2001 I reckon ..

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
As in the " Rideout Section"..a route out of Garrigill..really great to have lads coming from N.Yorks, Hartlepool, Ashington & Hexham ..six in total so far ..look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow ..

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
As in the " Rideout Section"..a route out of Garrigill..really great to have lads coming from N.Yorks, Hartlepool, Ashington & Hexham ..six in total so far ..look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow ..

Sounds like it’ll be a great group ride. Unfortunately my other half is working Saturday so we won’t be on the saddles until after 2pm so can’t join you. Have fun!

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
Post pics etc.
I wanna get some trails done up there this year.

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
I am meant to be taking a mate out for a light trail / xc ride looking for a 30miler in the south uk Surrey hills area if anyone has any good ideas ???

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Just had two ‘offs’ at Yearsley, one on the steep section of ‘two’s a bastard’, the other is slightly embarrassing, managed to fall off the little boardwalk bridge at the end of ‘Covid 19’ and ended up a soggy mess in the stream :) Nothing major though, just another dent in the pride

Going for an easy XC route tomorrow, the classic Nidderdale Scar House Resevoir loop. It’s meant to be boiling hot and blue skies all day so thought it’d be nice to see some scenery. Home after, charge the bikes and then go for a late afternoon session at Kilburn

Stainburn Sunday, the other side of the road 🤫

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
Just had two ‘offs’ at Yearsley, one on the steep section of ‘two’s a bastard’, the other is slightly embarrassing, managed to fall off the little boardwalk bridge at the end of ‘Covid 19’ and ended up a soggy mess in the stream :) Nothing major though, just another dent in the pride

Going for an easy XC route tomorrow, the classic Nidderdale Scar House Resevoir loop. It’s meant to be boiling hot and blue skies all day so thought it’d be nice to see some scenery. Home after, charge the bikes and then go for a late afternoon session at Kilburn

Stainburn Sunday, the other side of the road 🤫

I don't know anybody who hasn't come off on two's a bastard steep bit, I think it's actually easier in winter when there's a tiny bit of grip in the main rut, it's like concrete with a fine layer of slick dust on top right now. Coming up to the trees is always a bit of hope for the best! :p
Would love to see the covid bridge tumble :ROFLMAO:

We sometimes ride a footpath trail that's just a flat out straight line for the most part but ends with some nice twisty bits and into the bog down at the bottom of hootanni (might be called 'trail 4'). There's a really narrow plank to ride over the ditch at the end. I've missed that and lost my front wheel before, ended up sliding face first right through the smelly bog one time!

Here's a few pics from Boltby Bash Enduro this weekend

randr-photo-7568866-5472px.jpg

randr-photo-7537938-2000px.jpg

randr-photo-7542719-5472px.jpg

randr-photo-7542722-5472px.jpg

randr-photo-7508505-5472px.jpg

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I don't know anybody who hasn't come off on two's a bastard steep bit, I think it's actually easier in winter when there's a tiny bit of grip in the main rut, it's like concrete with a fine layer of slick dust on top right now. Coming up to the trees is always a bit of hope for the best! :p
Would love to see the covid bridge tumble :ROFLMAO:

We sometimes ride a footpath trail that's just a flat out straight line for the most part but ends with some nice twisty bits and into the bog down at the bottom of hootanni (might be called 'trail 4'). There's a really narrow plank to ride over the ditch at the end. I've missed that and lost my front wheel before, ended up sliding face first right through the smelly bog one time!

Here's a few pics from Boltby Bash Enduro this weekend

View attachment 88205

View attachment 88206

View attachment 88207

View attachment 88208

View attachment 88209

Yeah as soon as I tried to turn (slide) to the right to take the trail into the trees it was game over 😆 went tumbling right down to the bottom with the bike cartwheeling after me!

The Covid bridge was just me being daft, I looked over my shoulder at the end to see if she had followed me on the trail ok and my front wheel slipped off the edge, whoops 😆

I know the footpath trail you mentioned, its got a nice log ramp on it, about the same size as the Hootanni ramp but easier to session. We found Funkatronical yesterday (didn’t go to Stainburn), what a great trail that is! Deep deep fresh loam!

Boltby Bash looked fun this year, my social media is awash with photos & videos. Presume you know the Bandit crew, they did well coming in third. I couldn’t talk her into going this year but we’ll enter the sportive next year just to ride the trails. Awesome photos ^

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
Haha atleast you came away without injury, it's such a tricky turn to make with the natural speed the trail takes you into the steep bit, I always have to warn new people before they go down...

Funkatronical has to be one of my favourites! Have you done anaheim? Starts in the same place but turn right off the path instead of left, pedally at first past the bluebells then drops back down and crosses funkatronical. Both riding really good at the moment, the steep bits do get really sloppy when it's wet though

I bet, it was a really good chilled event. Yeah I know most of the Bandit crew, they have a few really good riders and glad they did well!
Thanks, you'd love the trails it's just like the local stuff :cool:

Marksou

Dec 24, 2021
Llanbedrog
A very untechnical but battery range testing ride on the Downs Link on Friday. Having got the Turbo Levo a bit earlier than planned, there's no way I'm taking the analogue, despite the grief I'll get from the rest doing it. Will be generous and let them all have a go :cool:

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Haha atleast you came away without injury, it's such a tricky turn to make with the natural speed the trail takes you into the steep bit, I always have to warn new people before they go down...

Funkatronical has to be one of my favourites! Have you done anaheim? Starts in the same place but turn right off the path instead of left, pedally at first past the bluebells then drops back down and crosses funkatronical. Both riding really good at the moment, the steep bits do get really sloppy when it's wet though

I bet, it was a really good chilled event. Yeah I know most of the Bandit crew, they have a few really good riders and glad they did well!
Thanks, you'd love the trails it's just like the local stuff :cool:

Think I had a fleeting glance of Anaheim as I rode past. Does it have a steep section that looks about as steep as funkatronical but also covered in nasty looking roots ?

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
A very untechnical but battery range testing ride on the Downs Link on Friday. Having got the Turbo Levo a bit earlier than planned, there's no way I'm taking the analogue, despite the grief I'll get from the rest doing it. Will be generous and let them all have a go :cool:
TBF, they've got a point. Easiest route ever, you should be forced to do it on a ladies step through with 3 speed Sturmey Archer & a wicker basket.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Have a day off tomorrow so going to Dalby to try out some of the more popular off piste trails that we haven’t done yet as they’re so busy at weekends

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
Think I had a fleeting glance of Anaheim as I rode past. Does it have a steep section that looks about as steep as funkatronical but also covered in nasty looking roots ?

Yeah that's the one, there's two sets of roots just as you cross over the path before the bottom, first on the downslope that are nothing to worry about, the second does have a bit of a large root in an awkward direction. They look a little daunting at first but if it's dry you should be able to skip straight over them or wiggle round either side (y)

1652795692344.png

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I can't talk anyway. I was due out for a burn around the downs last night & blew it out because it was spitting for an hour or two. :eek:

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Westgate ..Upper Weardale , Co.Durham ..( see also Rideout Section).
Come and join us if you like a decent climb or two ..also home of the " Aquaman" ..not literally ..but there is a large puddle en-route which he usually can't resist taking a swim in ..😂

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles