Where are you riding this weekend?

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
PXL_20220409_122719694.jpg

Did a 4 hill day in Dunkeld on Saturday. Legs were toasted. Usual Golfie fair Sunday, should have ridden the ebike! Long weekend coming up. Uplift on Friday at Innerleithen. Might do a solo eeb mission on Saturday.

Last edited:

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Turns out I don't have the Covirona, so I took daughter on a quick spin round the block, trying to get her back into riding. I gave her the hardtail that hasn't been used in a while & long story short, it seems the stem bolts were loose & during an exciting descent, the bars rotated in a sporting manner. Bolt checks are overrated anyway.:eek:
I usually overtighten so best leaving. I got wheel back from Hope yesterday so managed a wee run.

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
I need to visit Dunkeld with bike few things there I believe.

Yes there are many trails! You can easily pedal between Atholl, Birnam, The Mast and The Hermitage. Each hill has quite a different character. Birnam is probably the easiest. There is some absolutely wild stuff at The Hermitage! Recommend parking at Carly Car Park or the railway station. There is an absolutely phenomenal food stand at the station too.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Yes there are many trails! You can easily pedal between Atholl, Birnam, The Mast and The Hermitage. Each hill has quite a different character. Birnam is probably the easiest. There is some absolutely wild stuff at The Hermitage! Recommend parking at Carly Car Park or the railway station. There is an absolutely phenomenal food stand at the station too.
Maybe head down in Camper do a hill at Drumochter enroute . Cheers will keep this post .

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
She's fine. The thin end of the wedge is she wants to ride the bike more but I've been given a list of jobs: tighten the stem, chop the bars down a bit, change the squeaky brake pads, tune up the indexing, drop the saddle a bit, get her a new helmet, riding shoes, gloves, jerseys...

Well i'd take that!

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Just booked the last two ride up tickets at Black Mountain Cycle Centre. 🤙
I looked at that the noo , sounds like serious stuff there . My one and only Wales trip was Coed Brenin excuse spelling ? 2001 I think . It was rated as about best in Europe then , or so I was told . Oh how things have changed. Enjoy.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
With four days off over the bank holiday we’ll probably head North, South & West, so Hamsterley, Gisburn and Grenoside perhaps. Leave a day for local rides either at Yearsley or Stainburn. Nothing concrete planned yet

I did hear a rumour that Grenoside will be receiving a major overhaul of the trails soon. Anyone know when that’s likely to start ?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
They started work on Greno yesterday, I think they said it would be 6ish weeks before it's back open.

I'll be heading upto tweed valley for a long weekend :)

That’s Grenoside off the weekend plan then! Don’t know the trails at Wharncliffe, they look a bit hardcore on YouTube vids 😅

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
So, it looks like the Corona is about after all. I've kept my daughter with me for the past few days while it ripped through her mum's lot. Three days negative testing on the bounce for both of us, today she came up positive, me negative. Irritatingly, I've run out of tests for now but out of fairness for the lads, I've cancelled all my group rides, including tonight & I have a new light to try out too! Also booted her out, the filthy germ bag.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
After yet another accident at work at the beginning of March I haven’t been able to ride my bike but finally I feel well enough to go out but I’m afraid it’s going to be a local ride in Sheffield possibly into Eckington woods just to ease myself back into things without causing any issues 🤞

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
As I have a lack of Eebing buddies this weekend, I may take No2 to Twisted oaks for some jumpy fun or Join the Pedal and spoke boys for a shop ride.

*Depends how hungover I am from drinks with the team in that their London town on Saturday afternoon.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles