Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Rode home from work the hilly way.
DSC_0070.JPG

Your Queen bans cycling here. But fuck her.

Jul 4, 2020
Surrey
Tomorrow up to Hindhead, down to Hankley, Frensham, Tilford and home, should be ~35 miles nice and varied. First time out in three weeks due to busted ribs…

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Got a day booked with the Suspension Doctor at Hamsterley tomorrow. A little extravagant, but should learn a lot about high/low speed compression, damping, and general suspension dynamics. Forecast is shit though!

Meant to be at Yearsley on Sunday but might go elsewhere if the trails are running sloppy

Have an airtime course booked on Monday at Dalby (day off). We were originally booked on this course last summer, but then I went and broke my hand / wrist, on a jump, so we postponed the course until the Spring as we thought it’d be nice weather. Forecast is shit! 😬

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
Have an airtime course booked on Monday at Dalby (day off). We were originally booked on this course last summer, but then I went and broke my hand / wrist, on a jump, so we postponed the course until the Spring as we thought it’d be nice weather. Forecast is shit! 😬
Write a reminder to yourself next time: first attend the airtime corse, then attempt to do jumps. 😂

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
A double Dalby weekend ahead, both Saturday & Sunday. Hopefully the off piste has dried out this week so will be testing out the new Rise on some of those, plus taking the ramp onto Adderstome field and hitting the re-shaped smooth tables at Dixon’s Hollow, if it’s not full of kids

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
A double Dalby weekend ahead, both Saturday & Sunday. Hopefully the off piste has dried out this week so will be testing out the new Rise on some of those, plus taking the ramp onto Adderstome field and hitting the re-shaped smooth tables at Dixon’s Hollow, if it’s not full of kids
Chatting with a mate last week about how we'd like to hit an indoor skate park, learn a few tricks on the resi & the foam pit etc. but realising we'd look like bloody child catchers. Think we'll stick to trail bashing with the rest of the dentists. 😁

Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.0.jpg

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Chatting with a mate last week about how we'd like to hit an indoor skate park, learn a few tricks on the resi & the foam pit etc. but realising we'd look like bloody child catchers. Think we'll stick to trail bashing with the rest of the dentists. 😁

View attachment 85687

many indoor skate parks have adult only sessions, usually evenings mid-week 😜

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Well balls to it, the old Covid is ripping through the family now, so looks like no one's going anywhere for a bit. Two years on the lam isn't bad though.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Turns out I don't have the Covirona, so I took daughter on a quick spin round the block, trying to get her back into riding. I gave her the hardtail that hasn't been used in a while & long story short, it seems the stem bolts were loose & during an exciting descent, the bars rotated in a sporting manner. Bolt checks are overrated anyway.:eek:

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Turns out I don't have the Covirona, so I took daughter on a quick spin round the block, trying to get her back into riding. I gave her the hardtail that hasn't been used in a while & long story short, it seems the stem bolts were loose & during an exciting descent, the bars rotated in a sporting manner. Bolt checks are overrated anyway.:eek:
Hope she's OK and doesnt need any medical attention :0

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
She's fine. The thin end of the wedge is she wants to ride the bike more but I've been given a list of jobs: tighten the stem, chop the bars down a bit, change the squeaky brake pads, tune up the indexing, drop the saddle a bit, get her a new helmet, riding shoes, gloves, jerseys...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles