Where are the new ebikes YT?? How about just the long promised bigger battery??

yomoe

Jun 9, 2020
So Cal
Come on YT!! As most manufactures are already pulling our their 2022 models, all of us YT fan boys are still just waiting for the long promised bigger battery...let alone the new ebike models!

You guys really need to pull your shit together and release something already! Come on!!

CraigerC EMTB

May 6, 2020
Laguna Beach, CA
If you own a Decoy - not sure if you do Yomoe? Buy a second battery! I was waiting - gave up - bought a second 540W - I am STOKED I did! Two battery sessions are amazing! In my neighborhood - steep ups then steep downs - four or five times - change the battery and repeat! Wish I would have bought a second battery on day one! I am crushed after that! Then off to the brewery! Stop crying - go riding! Then have a smile and a beer! Cheers from Laguna!

yomoe

Jun 9, 2020
So Cal
If you own a Decoy - not sure if you do Yomoe? Buy a second battery! I was waiting - gave up - bought a second 540W - I am STOKED I did! Two battery sessions are amazing! In my neighborhood - steep ups then steep downs - four or five times - change the battery and repeat! Wish I would have bought a second battery on day one! I am crushed after that! Then off to the brewery! Stop crying - go riding! Then have a smile and a beer! Cheers from Laguna!

I hear you...just trying to light a fire under YT's ass!

Camstyn

Jun 19, 2019
Kamloops BC
I love my Decoy, I’m not waiting on a new one. Other than a slightly steeper seat tube angle and bigger battery I don’t know how they would improve it.

That being said, I bought this bike with the promise of a bigger battery that was coming soon. That was almost two years ago. I do feel a little duped.

jerry

Dec 22, 2018
Belgium
(I'm guessing) the reason batteries aren' t that much of an incentive for bike manufacturers, is that margins are too thin, and most of the $$$ goes into the pockets of their battery OEM supplier. Why would they bother spending all that R&D time on design and integration, when they don't see much of a return?

yomoe

Jun 9, 2020
So Cal
(I'm guessing) the reason batteries aren' t that much of an incentive for bike manufacturers, is that margins are too thin, and most of the $$$ goes into the pockets of their battery OEM supplier. Why would they bother spending all that R&D time on design and integration, when they don't see much of a return?

Because they promised all of us that they would!

Feb 27, 2021
Germany
Brett Tippi posted a video of a new Decoy with an EP8 Motor (on instagram).
Screenshot_20210430-103237_Instagram.png

Screenshot_20210430-103408_Instagram.png

Update: The IG-movie was removed after some minutes.

Last edited:

Jedipip

Jul 29, 2018
Yorkshire
Why does that YT box looks so small compared to Brett Tippi . Is he a giant ?? Even the frame looks small lol.

no way has that box got wheels in it!!!

so they can ship a frame....with EP8....in a new colour.....without wheels, no forks or handlebar attached, therefore no chain set and no brakes, and where is the display? So many questions and yet.......

I would be all over that option!

the perfect upgrade option for a current Decoy owner!

If this was even an option it would disrupt the market beautifully ??????

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
no way has that box got wheels in it!!!

so they can ship a frame....with EP8....in a new colour.....without wheels, no forks or handlebar attached, therefore no chain set and no brakes, and where is the display? So many questions and yet.......

I would be all over that option!

the perfect upgrade option for a current Decoy owner!

If this was even an option it would disrupt the market beautifully ??????
100% agreed. Would be even better without the shock.

Last edited:

Jedipip

Jul 29, 2018
Yorkshire
Lol....that’s the way to do it ?

YT have always been quite good at letting viral marketing do all the hard work!

if it’s got a bigger battery......then there’s going to be some second hand Decoys popping up for sale ?

TransAmMan

Sep 18, 2019
Canada
Curious to see what the new model offers ...

Only preliminary criticism ... OLIVE GREEN ??? o_O

OK .. so to be "hardcore" :unsure: I should not care what color the bike is .. but if I am dropping over 10K on a bike/car/motorcycle etc., hopefully there are other choices for color. The color does not look bad .. just would be near the bottom of my choices (next to neon pink, mustard yellow and beige)

This color option reminds me of Specialized using those argyle schemes back in 2008 on their Demo 8 bikes. We all loved that scheme (insert sarcasm here)

Waiting optimistically. (y)(y)

range_anxiety

May 3, 2021
San Diego
My wish for the 2021 Decoy is size-specific rear end for the XL and XXL models... 5mm Please...

Larger sizes have such a rear wheel bias on the weight distribution...

Last edited:

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Im not sure what battery but theyre forecasting late june/early july. To have some batteries to sell. Fingers crossed. Im getting a good charge out of my 540 compared to a friend on a giant trance with a 500w battery. I probably get 20% more. Fingers crossed ill be able to have a 2nd battery just as the alpine melts out

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles