Where are all the HaiBike riders?

jsalas2

Apr 6, 2018
San antonio, Tx
Here are a pair from Texas Both 2017 XDURO'S AllMtn 7.0 and 8.0 Both are beasts. So much fun. I put 2600 miles in 7months. All fun.
1525906333344.png

John Locke

May 14, 2018
Yorba Linda, CA
My Xduro 6.0 is a sweet ride. I can go places I would have never tried before. I rode a Specialized Stumpjumper for the last 4yrs, it's been great, but my new Haibike opens up so many new opportunities to explore. I'm pretty giddy over the possibilities, I'm all over Google maps. After weeks of shopping and negotiating, I found that some bike shops will discount the selling price down to about $800 off list price. Is that what others have found?
1526275422674.png

fos'l

May 14, 2018
socal, USA
I have an SDURO hardtail that I'm not in love with even after installing a top tier Fox fork and DT 240 front wheel. Seem to prefer the BBS02 hardtail almost all the time. Probably some deficiency in my DNA. Haibike had a glut of leftover bikes this year and were selling them for unbelievably low prices.

John Locke

May 14, 2018
Yorba Linda, CA
I have an SDURO hardtail that I'm not in love with even after installing a top tier Fox fork and DT 240 front wheel. Seem to prefer the BBS02 hardtail almost all the time. Probably some deficiency in my DNA. Haibike had a glut of leftover bikes this year and were selling them for unbelievably low prices.
Yes, that glut of 2017 bikes offered some great prices at over $1000 off MSRP. However most of the size LARGE bikes went fast.

I found this one website that stated they had inventory of a LARGE 2017 Xduro All Mtn 6.0. I called them and they said no, they sold out of them already, and their website store is NOT a real-time system, saying it's often wrong for inventory level. So a couple days later I see they still showed inventory online of that same bike. I decided to order one online to see if it would take my order for $3200+tax. It did! So now I waited to see what happens next, since I know they don't have any. The guy calls me the next day and tells me they are all sold out (which I already knew). He asked if I'd be interested in a 2018, which they have in stock. I said no, I wanted the $1000 discount off the MSRP, so I asked for a refund. He says.... I can come close to the same price. I said, it would have to be the same price. He said, did you know about all the advantaged of the 2018 new Yamaha PWX motor, etc, which we talked about (his sales pitch). When I asked for a refund again he said, for an added $200 he would sell me the 2018, same model, which surprised me, $3400+tax for the XduroAllMtn6.0 since MSRP is $4200. So I took the deal, and glad I did. There are some nice updates to the display and motor that turns out to be worth the extra $200, for me. Just the bright colored light indicator on the display is a big deal it turns out, making is super easy to see which power level you're on with a quick glance. The display is also tucked in really nice behind the bars for protection, instead of on top of the bars. I like that. And the battery efficiency is great, 50+mi range typical, 35 if you're doing a lot of hills. I really like the 2.7" wide tires, oh man.

That 2017 BLOWOUT SALE helped me negotiate a swinging deal on a 2018, where otherwise I wouldn't have had the same leverage to negotiate. Turns out another friend of mine negotiated another deal at a different dealer that was very close the same discount, about $850 off the $5000 MSRP for the XduroAllMtn 8.0 at $4150+tax ($4500 OTD). So if you're looking for a Haibike in the $4K range, shoot for $800 off MSRP.

Last edited:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Yes, that glut of 2017 bikes offered some great prices at over $1000 off MSRP. However most of the size LARGE bikes went fast.

I found this one website that stated they had inventory of a LARGE 2017 Xduro All Mtn 6.0. I called them and they said no, they sold out of them already, and their website store is NOT a real-time system, saying it's often wrong for inventory level. So a couple days later I see they still showed inventory online of that same bike. I decided to order one online to see if it would take my order for $3200+tax. It did! So now I waited to see what happens next, since I know they don't have any. The guy calls me the next day and tells me they are all sold out (which I already knew). He asked if I'd be interested in a 2018, which they have in stock. I said no, I wanted the $1000 discount off the MSRP, so I asked for a refund. He says.... I can come close to the same price. I said, it would have to be the same price. He said, did you know about all the advantaged of the 2018 new Yamaha PWX motor, etc, which we talked about (his sales pitch). When I asked for a refund again he said, for an added $200 he would sell me the 2018, same model, which surprised me, $3400+tax for the XduroAllMtn6.0 since MSRP is $4200. So I took the deal, and glad I did. There are some nice updates to the display and motor that turns out to be worth the extra $200, for me. Just the bright colored light indicator on the display is a big deal it turns out, making is super easy to see which power level you're on with a quick glance. The display is also tucked in really nice behind the bars for protection, instead of on top of the bars. I like that.

That 2017 BLOWOUT SALE helped me negotiate a swinging deal on a 2018, where otherwise I wouldn't have had the same leverage to negotiate. Turns out another friend of mine negotiated another deal at a different dealer that was very close the same discount, about $850 off MSRP for the XduroAllMtn 8.0 at $4150+tax ($4500 OTD). So if you're looking for a Haibike in the $4K range, shoot for $800 off MSRP.
Good info John thanks for sharing and a great deal you got there ?

I enjoyed my time riding the AllMTN 6.0 with the PWX motor.

fos'l

May 14, 2018
socal, USA
John, thanks for your experience. Haibike had SDURO hardtails for $1000 (about the price of a Yamaha replacement battery) in my area. Glad you like the new Yamaha; I'm happy with my motor, but the hardtail frame is a slug (with a slug rider).

Blackbird

May 23, 2018
Netherlands
Dutch Haibike owner here, i got a 2018 hardnine 7.0 with the bosch cx and powertube. I’m waiting on the dual battery system i ordered, really stoked to see what range i’ll get.

Hai Volume

Jul 9, 2018
USA
Good info John thanks for sharing and a great deal you got there ?

I enjoyed my time riding the AllMTN 6.0 with the PWX motor.

Hey Rob, can you elaborate more on this bike? I watched your video (great edit BTW!) where you rode it with the geriatric shredders and didn't hear many comments about the bike, other than you seemed to like it. What size did you ride? How does it compare to your daily ride and other 150'ish travel e-bikes? Is there anything performance wise that was lacking that you would change/modify, such as suspension, brakes, cockpit, etc? How was the handling (stable, slow, responsive, playful, balanced, etc)?

Burtie07

Jan 22, 2018
Brisbane Australia
For such a popular brand I thought we'd see more HaiBike owners here! Where are you? :unsure::cool::p
Hi Rob i am just connecting the dots mate. I found you on YouTube but did not relise this was you website. My ride is a Haibike Xduro Nduro 8 and i love it. I am Quicksilverfox EMTB on YouTube. I love your vids and info. I will be more active now on EMTB forums now i know your running it. Cheers Burtie.

Kvn

Jul 13, 2018
Germany
For such a popular brand I thought we'd see more HaiBike owners here! Where are you? :unsure::cool::p

Hiya! I recently got myself a Full FatSix 9.0. I am now officially a fatbloke on a fatbike.
Currently living in Hamburg, Germany, without any mountains in sight. But hey, no matter. I am easing myself in gently.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi Rob i am just connecting the dots mate. I found you on YouTube but did not relise this was you website. My ride is a Haibike Xduro Nduro 8 and i love it. I am Quicksilverfox EMTB on YouTube. I love your vids and info. I will be more active now on EMTB forums now i know your running it. Cheers Burtie.
Hey Burtie ??

DeanWnchestr

Jul 14, 2018
Germany
Greetings from Germany!
I don't have an emtb yet, but that's going to change next year. I have 2 Haibikes on my list, but I can't really decide which is going to fit better for me and the terrain I want to drive.

on the list:
- Xduro Nduro 9.0
- Xduro AllMtn 9.0
or wait for the Flyon 8.0 series?

John Locke

May 14, 2018
Yorba Linda, CA
Greetings from Germany!
I don't have an emtb yet, but that's going to change next year. I have 2 Haibikes on my list, but I can't really decide which is going to fit better for me and the terrain I want to drive.

on the list:
- Xduro Nduro 9.0
- Xduro AllMtn 9.0
or wait for the Flyon 8.0 series?
My AllMtn 6.0 is incredible, but if you can afford the Flyon, I'd wait for it. Looks really awesome.

fos'l

May 14, 2018
socal, USA
How do you like the rear suspension? My very limited time(s) on the Bosch-equipped models with jackshaft weren't memorable, but I'm a notoriously poor rider.

Virtualmeuk

Jun 5, 2018
UK
I Like it to be honest. I Came from a Whyte 146 with Kashima coated fox shock which was really plush so this is a bit harsher but if you play about with the sag and rebound it is great for trail center riding. I have done some stair drops etc on the street and it soaks them up really well. The biggest thing with this bike that i noticed was that the tyres on my old one were not ebike specific and the ones on the current bike are. The ebike specific ones have such hard sidewalls that it does make the whole rig alot stiffer / firmer than my old one.

steviedsolve

Patreon
Jun 13, 2018
Wolverhampton
20180629_183157-2.jpg

Sorry I was busy out riding. Nice reports from Eurobike Rob. I'm loving AllMtn 8.0 now I've ditched those flimsy 40mm Rodi rims and replaced them with Stan flows. No more pinch flats.

Hai Volume

Jul 9, 2018
USA
IMG_20180714_164921598.jpg

Just received this last week. FUN bike. Front brake is soft, so I have a bleed kit on order. Aion fork isn't as nice as the Pike on my non-assist trail bike and makes a lot of "air noise", but hopefully I can dial it in. I'm going to try a shorter stem (my XL came with a 65mm) and/or riser bars to lighten the front end. Otherwise, it seems like a great value for the price.

steviedsolve

Patreon
Jun 13, 2018
Wolverhampton
Nice! Have you dumped the wheels altogether or re-used the hubs?

I reused the hubs. I was in two minds whether to buy some hope hubs but the Haibike ++ The Hub is a rebranded Formula Hub with warranty and they seem pretty strong and smooth so I kept them. It might be placebo but the wheels feel great now. I'm not convinced that 40mm inner width is the way to go with 2.8" tyres. I'll probably stick 2.5" or even 2.35" on in the winter and the Stans Flow Mk3 with 29mm inner width support from 2.35" to 2.8". The tyre profile is now really nice.

Shared photos 7-25-2018

Dominic

Jun 4, 2018
Concord, ca
We’re here. Just switched from a ‘17 expert levo to a ‘18 haibike AllMtn 9.0

I love both bikes but can’t keep both unfortunately. There’s more things I prefer about the AllMtn. The Magura brakes are next level and I prefer the power delivery of the Bosch motor.

DF6DC036-09FE-4827-935D-A8C909015568.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles