when the last time you rode your non emtb?

Intermtb

Jan 5, 2020
USA
I have not touched mine for almost a month. so I guess tonight I will ride my acoustic mtb, since I have promised my non ebiker buddy to bring my evil following.
back to emtb tomorrow.

westcoastmtbr

Aug 22, 2019
California USA
Funny you bring up this topic. I've been on my Decoy more and more these days. Just last week I had three concurrent rides on my Decoy, then felt like I was going to die on my first ride back on the Yeti. A big, big ride scheduled for tomorrow on my Yeti and I'm thinking it's going to be a challenge to stay in biking shape if I don't mix it up. For sure, it's a different sport in my mind. One is Mountain Riding, and one is E-Mountain Riding. Been measuring my beat per minute and the Decoy gets my rate up just fine, but it's like a sprinter vs. a marathon runner. Two different disciplines?
The things is that I love both the e and non e, so I don't think that's going to change anytime too soon, even at 53 years young.

AusE

Dec 3, 2019
Australia
Been riding the acoustic for the last 2 weeks while the forks were in for warranty work. Forgot how much it hurts lol

StevenM

Sep 22, 2018
Ipswich Qld Australia
ride a roadie 4-5 times a week. It ha no assistance

I ride the emtb typically 1-2 times a week

in saying that have not been on the trails for about 6 weeks due to weather conditions

EMTBehave

Apr 7, 2019
CH
I haven't ridden mine in a couple of months as the weather was too bad, but now that I have my EMTB at least it means I can give the acoustic to friend who want to join me for a ride.

hbakken

Nov 27, 2018
Norway
in 2019 i rode 100 times on my Levo and 29 times on my Santa Hightower.... So now it's out for sale. Levo SL replacing the Santa.

More realizing that running full fat Levo doesn't make me push myself to much, and analog hurts too much, so think SL will be perfect :D

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
just before I bought my Levo... havent had this beast out since and I am pretty sure that I wont either.. its not just the electric part but the whole geometry and wheel size difference that I love... the Levo was the first 29'er I rode.
I would like to buy a 27.5 or 29 acoustic now.

IMG_0801.JPG

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
My only non eeb is a dh bike. No uplifts so I took it to Aston hill a few weekends back. Did 2 runs and pushups and thought stuff this.
Back in the van it went and out came the kenevo for another 10 runs.

Pabs

Jul 27, 2019
London
best.jpg

Last weekend. Its only really used for specific short jump lines these days. Even a simple journey deemed ok for my retired hardtail gets ebiked now. Only other times I might use it would be if I want to give the dog a chance to keep up, or level the playing field for non e bike buddies. Still not getting rid though!

Frankenbetty

Jun 6, 2020
Llandegla
Four months ago in the mountains around Gualchos in Spain. It’s was then that I decided an E-bike was was in my future.
I sold it two weeks ago

natwilaniwartri

Jul 1, 2020
scottish borders
well before 2019 dec 10th when got my first cube e-bike , it would 12 years with no bike as last bike i had was 1 week before i was leaving Northampton to move to Scotland the crank shaft broken so no longer ride-able as was going to work lucky i was at top of road so can just push of dawn the road were works was ,so decided i not take to Scotland with me it was only 2 50 worth a bike down to 175 at a time so , now from 250 worth of a bike to 3000 worth a bike big jump no pictures of old bike ...............but this my new one

IMG_20191210_121952381.jpg

Jeffw

Mar 2, 2019
North West
Well....Having had so many problems with my 2018 Kenevo (11 various power/motor failures) which i the exchanged for a 2020 Levo Expert (more power problems) i went back to old school and exchanged for an Specialized Enduro about a month ago.

It's a very capable bike and great to ride, but climbing is bloody hard work and finding myself 2-3 days recovering from a 4 hour ride.

I miss the capability of the Levo (when I didn't have the power problems it was a gem to ride) and finding that at age 63, i see now the 'use case' for the e-bike

Fortunately my Mrs is very understanding :) and i am now looking to re-add another e-bike. As much as i liked the Specialized, the reliability was far from satisfactory and feel that i would be paying a premium just for the brand.

Been on the forum for the last day reviewing others' experiences and the Cube 140 SL, 160 SL and Trek 7 Rail look to be a good choice, reliable and with decent specs. All that remains is to find somewhere with stock!

natwilaniwartri

Jul 1, 2020
scottish borders
Well....Having had so many problems with my 2018 Kenevo (11 various power/motor failures) which i the exchanged for a 2020 Levo Expert (more power problems) i went back to old school and exchanged for an Specialized Enduro about a month ago.

It's a very capable bike and great to ride, but climbing is bloody hard work and finding myself 2-3 days recovering from a 4 hour ride.

I miss the capability of the Levo (when I didn't have the power problems it was a gem to ride) and finding that at age 63, i see now the 'use case' for the e-bike

Fortunately my Mrs is very understanding :) and i am now looking to re-add another e-bike. As much as i liked the Specialized, the reliability was far from satisfactory and feel that i would be paying a premium just for the brand.

Been on the forum for the last day reviewing others' experiences and the Cube 140 SL, 160 SL and Trek 7 Rail look to be a good choice, reliable and with decent specs. All that remains is to find somewhere with stock!
yes finding shop having good stock , i was lucky that my cube 2020 it was in shop in sept of 2019 but was only 1 and was lucky that it was still there as was doing the scottish loan of 3000 pounds and as took over 1 month for the paper work i got my cube on dec 10th to ride home form the shop ,but if waited now with lock down and cube could been late so i might have chosen different bike but my main thing was kiox ,as standard ,625 battery ,hard tail,and new bosch motor at the time cube was 1 ready ...... it was my first , so best of luck in what you choose ,

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles