When are we gonna see the new Decoy?

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
I am considering a new commencal meta power and the commencal website says they will be up next month.

But I also am thinking I might rather have a Decoy since I think they may be a good bit lighter and commencals are pretty heavy I think. Also think I might prefer a mullet setup.

What's the rumor mill for when the new Decoys will be up?

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
I am now seeing Decoy "shred" on US website for delivery end of October. Who in the heck is gonna want one of those when the new shimano motor should be unveiled by then if can believe the commencal website.

This shred model leads me to think we wont see new decoy till 2021, 4 months after the other brands drop new models

Another interesting thing I notice is Decoy XL geometry is same as the new commencal meta medium size.

Santa

Oct 4, 2019
Montreal, Canada
I don’t see what they would want to change other than a few tweaks like. Current model’s only been out for two years. I can see a new battery and maybe a fox 38 option on the Pro Race but other than that I would not foresee any important geo changes.

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
I am considering a new commencal meta power and the commencal website says they will be up next month.

But I also am thinking I might rather have a Decoy since I think they may be a good bit lighter and commencals are pretty heavy I think. Also think I might prefer a mullet setup.

What's the rumor mill for when the new Decoys will be up?
Commencal is lighter. According to the website.

Murphius

Jun 19, 2020
Washington
Commencal is lighter. According to the website.
Not what I see. Comprably priced the 2020 decoys are lighter than the 2020 meta powers. Overall they’re close enough that I don’t think the difference is discernible. Really watch for battery size though, 540 wh vs 504. With my decoy I wish I had something in the range of 700 wh and may purchase a spare or larger battery when they are released.

TransAmMan

Sep 18, 2019
Canada
I would predict early Jan with Mar/Apr delivery dates (based on last year) .. likely varies by country

Commencal always seems to launch their bikes a bit early. At least we can hear all the reviews on the EP8 motor before pulling the trigger on a 2021 model

I predict the 2021 model will have:

1) Fox 38 170mm
2) New Shimano EP8 motor
3) Shimano 640 battery
4) Full XT drivetrain
5) The continued appearance of a few lower spec'd parts (ie YT seatpost, E13 bars and stems) to offset costs

I "hope" the 2021 also comes with:

1) New wheels (ie DT Swiss)
2) 220 front rotor
3) Coil option out back

Should be a killer bike (y):cool: ... If Commencal launches a mullet as well ... it will be a tough decision :unsure:

westcoastmtbr

Aug 22, 2019
California USA
If they go with a Fox 38 for 2021 plus 630wh battery then the weight will def go up. Just added a Zeb to my 2019 Decoy and thik it going to be really awesome.. I thought I might just sell it, then realized it's an endless game of upgrading and costing yourself a few grand everytime you do the upgrade. Thinking (praying) we get our 700 wh battery (please!), and am really wishing the new motor will be backwards compatible (now I'm really dreaming). If the 2021is that revolutionay then I'll consider, but thinking the motor will be nice, but not revolutionary. Just a refinement of what we already enjoy now. Don't think I need more torque. 70nm is just fine. Thoughts you all? Btw, the net cost of the new fork is only $200 after sale of current Lyrik. I'm happy.

Last edited:

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
If they go with a Fox 38 for 2021 plus 630wh battery then the weight will def go up. Just added a Zeb to my 2019 Decoy and thik it going to be really awesome.. I thought I might just sell it, then realized it's an endless game of upgrading and costing yourself a few grand everytime you do the upgrade. Thinking (praying) we get our 700 wh battery (please!), and am really wishing the new motor will be backwards compatible (now I'm really dreaming). If the 2021is that revolutionay then I'll consider, but thinking the motor will be nice, but not revolutionary. Just a refinement of what we already enjoy now. Don't think I need more torque. 70nm is just fine. Thoughts you all? Btw, the net cost of the new fork is only $200 after sale of current Lyrik. I'm happy.
I’m hoping the new motor will be quieter. Other than the noise, I enjoy all the other aspects of the shimano motor. (Oh, also if it could work all the time that’d be cool. Mine is currently sitting in a box in my garage. But haven’t had a chance to diagnose the problem yet, so who knows.)

What I’d love to see in the distant future is a shimano motor/gearbox built into one. Derailleurs suck, and if you remove that and the dinner plate cassette from the rear wheel, your suspension will work drastically better. Basically in a dream world I want this bike with a motor and 700wh battery.

5AC8D73D-EB0D-49C5-8A55-E2517D94F58B.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles