What's your Levo/kenevo cleaning regime?

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
A9244951-0337-4CF8-8043-B9E6FD0CDE2B.jpeg
The rain will wash it clean eventually ?

Parrychops

Sep 24, 2019
London
I just use normal Muck Off, spray liberally over everything, brush in and stand waaaaaaay back with a very very fine hose. I then dry off and apply a water dissipating spray which brings the frame up noice, oil the chain and boom. Done. Never had any probs. I do wash it the day after when the motor has cooled down

brizi2003

Nov 20, 2018
Whickham, Newcastle upon Tyne
After dry rides (bike dusty) - wipe down fork, shock and dropper stanchions, dry brush cassette, jockey wheels and chain ring, dry rag chain, cassette, jockety wheels and chain ring. Lube chain & wipe off excess.
After wet/muddy rides - garden hose off thick dirt, avoiding anywhere with seals fitted, spray muc-off all over, brush in muc-off and rinse off, dry everywhere with a dry towel, then same as dry rides, plus general spray lube for gear cable, mech pivots and spray/wipe off silicone spray on frame, fork, shock and dropper stanchions. Spray/wipe Isopropyl Alchohol on brake discs.

I'm a bit paranoid about water in the motor crank seals as I've had a motor fail and seen some of the strip down videos which identify this as a weakness in Brose motors. Never had problems with water in electrical connections though (these should be re-sealed with electrical contact grease every year).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles