whats the deal with purchasing tires?

The Bear

Jan 19, 2020
South Yorks, England
they don't make them for 2.6 wide tyres
They might fit anyway, I’m guessing when inflated they would fit regardless. They work in my 2.35 tyres.

Ive not had a single puncture since using them, or at least I won’t know until I take the tube out if I’ve had any. My Schawlbe tyres have puncture protection also.

BigAl28

Jan 13, 2020
Southeast
They might fit anyway, I’m guessing when inflated they would fit regardless. They work in my 2.35 tyres.

Ive not had a single puncture since using them, or at least I won’t know until I take the tube out if I’ve had any. My Schawlbe tyres have puncture protection also.
If you buy some of the Slime sealant in a bottle you can make any Innertube a Slime Innertube - providing the valve core is removable on Presta tube.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
£50 for a tyre is more expensive than one for the wifes car

I’ve done a bit more research on the matter and have found a replacement Schwalbe Nobby Nic 29x2.6 (which I use) is only about £23 from Trendz
However if you want to use a tube and want something more resistant to punctures then I’d go for the Schwalbe Smart Sam 29x2.6 Double Defence which has 2 protective layers built in and has a protective rating of 6 out of 7 on their scale. They are £39
The wife uses Smart Sams and they are basically an all-purpose tyre like Nobby Nics. They look almost identical.
As far as I can tell, Nobby Nics are not available with the Double defence system in 29x2.6 size.

24E31E33-2498-4775-9CB4-BB29651D863E.png
FA610108-F070-4BDA-A8EF-F365BF150832.png

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Sorry, the £23 one was Smart Sam without double defence. A normal Nobby Nic (with no defence all) is £50 ? therefore I’d go for a Double defence Smart Sam 29x 2.6 for £39

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Sorry, the £23 one was Smart Sam without double defence. A normal Nobby Nic (with no defence all) is £50 ? therefore I’d go for a Double defence Smart Sam 29x 2.6 for £39

I asked Schwalbe via email regarding a compatible tubeless ready tire in 2.6 width and the only one they suggested suitable for an e bike is there eddy current, to be honest that option is quiet expensive and is apparently e bike specific, I am sure the option you listed will be fine and has some impressive protection stats.

I am yet to be convinced running a 2.6 front as supplied stock on my bike is the best option, it washes out very easy on slippery surfaces and maybe a narrower tire would grip and turn better ?

The Bear

Jan 19, 2020
South Yorks, England
I fail to understand why or how a tyre would be ebike specific.
I fell for the sales pitch recently when buying an ebike specific chain, but thats because I've snapped a few chains recently. I'm not convinced my ebike chain is any different to a normal chain, but time will tell.

D

Deleted member 7464

In the past I have put stans tubeless sealant in my inner tubes and its worked really well

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I asked Schwalbe via email regarding a compatible tubeless ready tire in 2.6 width and the only one they suggested suitable for an e bike is there eddy current, to be honest that option is quiet expensive and is apparently e bike specific, I am sure the option you listed will be fine and has some impressive protection stats.

I am yet to be convinced running a 2.6 front as supplied stock on my bike is the best option, it washes out very easy on slippery surfaces and maybe a narrower tire would grip and turn better ?

I’m sure others on here could advise on tyre width and grip. I have no idea. However I do like the 2.6 inch because I have a hardtail and the wider tyres do provide a little more cushioning.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles