Levo Gen 2 What the actual...?

Miru

Oct 23, 2020
Romania
I'm just gonna leave this here(found it on the largest Romanian market site) o_O

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
I'm undecided as to whether it's very cool or a monstrosity. Bosch Motor and Kiox on a Specialized?

Whatever it is, it certainly ain't a mountain bike: it's got reflectors on the pedals!

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
It looks like a bike made up from an early Levo frame . Everything else is non Specialized, including the rear shock despite the sticker.

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
Yup, same in Germany, if you're riding on the streets. I commute with my bike, so theoretically I should have reflectors on the pedals and spokes!
Call me Rebel Without a Reflector!
Does German law require you to actually have them on the bike when riding?
In the UK, the law only requires pedal reflectors to be fitted at the point of commercial sale.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It looks like a bike made up from an early Levo frame . Everything else is non Specialized, including the rear shock despite the sticker.
An early (2016/2017) Levo didn't have the single sided shock brace. It could be a '19 .. I don't know if I should be horrified or impressed that someone went to the effort to chop it and convert to a Bosch ???

2019 l.jpg

jsharpe

May 15, 2019
USA
My first thought was a test mule/prototype that evaded the crusher. But those would likely not have any branding although I suppose someone could have added the stickers later.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Well. .. "Andrei" doesn't say any more than :

Specialized Electric Bicycle Year 2019. Full suspension Inch 29, size XL, 860 km. More details on the phone I do not exchange, I do not reply to messages

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
Does German law require you to actually have them on the bike when riding?
In the UK, the law only requires pedal reflectors to be fitted at the point of commercial sale.
I give you Straßenverkehrs-Zulassungs-Ordnung (StVZO) § 67 Lichttechnische Einrichtungen an Fahrrädern Part of the Straßenverkehrs-Zulassungs-Ordnung
"Bicycles may only be used on public roads if..." "...Bicycle pedals must be equipped with yellow reflectors that work forwards and backwards"
Full translation of the appropriate section here
There's even a section on lights powered by the internal battery of ebikes. There should be a UPS to supply the lights for two hours, even when the battery indicates "empty" OR the motor can be used as an alternator to power the light whilst cycling. Didn't know that. Good luck with the second one!

Oooh, I feel SO German right now :)

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
Very good. Reminds me of the Al Murray routine "Where would we be if we had no rules? France! Where would we be if we had too many rules? Germany!"
Mind you, I didn't know until a few years back that there's no legal requirement to have your main, dipped headlights on ( car ) in a town at night. Just sidelights is all the law requires.

I'm gonna admit I've not read that whole document there, but it does seem to say you need all that equipment all the time and not just in hours of darkness.

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
Very good. Reminds me of the Al Murray routine "Where would we be if we had no rules? France! Where would we be if we had too many rules? Germany!"
Mind you, I didn't know until a few years back that there's no legal requirement to have your main, dipped headlights on ( car ) in a town at night. Just sidelights is all the law requires.

I'm gonna admit I've not read that whole document there, but it does seem to say you need all that equipment all the time and not just in hours of darkness.
Do I comply with all the requirements? No
Am I the messiah? Absolutely not. Am I just a very naughty boy? Maybe.

Actually, talking about rules in France, my brother lives there now and tells me that the French find rules to be very important and think that everyone should abide by them. Except for themselves, of course.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of fools

nb...thats "rules"....not laws!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles