What size Levo?

TV510

Jun 25, 2019
East Bay California
Looking to buy a Levo and looking at the guide online I'm between a Medium and Large - which way should I go? What should I look for when I go into a shop?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I think reach is the most important measure because it determines your body position/balance front to back on the bike. So trying both a medium and a large is the best way to choose which to buy.

JonnyLevo34

Jun 23, 2019
Kent
I'm 5"8 and would fall in to the Medium size by the chart. I test ride the medium Levo and the cockpit it felt ok but maybe a little cramped, I rode the medium Kenevo with 27.5 and definitely felt cramped, so tried the large Levo. The reach felt perfect but I cannot raise the seat post anymore from dropped, luckily the dropper is actually perfect for me. I wouldn't want it any bigger but I did need the reach. I guess you really need to try them for size. Yiu can't actually beat going in to a nice bike shop and chatting with the staff to pick their brains. Shelling out £4k plusbis definitely easier when you have the product right there in front of you.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Im 6 ft and half inch but 34 inside leg and relatively short trunk. I bought a large and reckon I am probably about the tallest for a large. My mate is 5ft 8 and has a medium. So I would think you would be on the max limit for a medium but mid range on a large. The medium would probably be too short in reach.

Motoxfreak

Oct 5, 2018
San Antonio, Texas
I'm 5"8 and would fall in to the Medium size by the chart. I test ride the medium Levo and the cockpit it felt ok but maybe a little cramped, I rode the medium Kenevo with 27.5 and definitely felt cramped, so tried the large Levo. The reach felt perfect but I cannot raise the seat post anymore from dropped, luckily the dropper is actually perfect for me. I wouldn't want it any bigger but I did need the reach. I guess you really need to try them for size. Yiu can't actually beat going in to a nice bike shop and chatting with the staff to pick their brains. Shelling out £4k plusbis definitely easier when you have the product right there in front of you.
I am 5'9" and rode a large quite comfortably

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
I have found a lot of LBS get quite overly technical with bike sizing and refer everything back to the standard road bike fit - which is not always correct for mountainbikes.
I think with any MTB and eMTB in particular it is what feels right. I am 5'9" and have a Scott Genius eRide and a Speccy Levo Comp - both Medium. The Scott feels overly big even thought the cockpit is not much bigger. The Levo has a smallish feel but really works well.
Two bikes with exactly the same top tube length can feel way different due to seat tube angle, head tube angle and stem length.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
.....I think because what you are experiencing is the reach measurement mostly but also stem length and handlebar sweep and rise.

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
You have to be comfortable sitting and on pedals. Never look at a sticker. Never trust what you read. Each body is unique. Some manufacturers build long frames, i cannot buy those because of my short torso, no size will fit me. Maybe 1 brand is not for you.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles