What saddle, pedals, handlebars, and grips did you end up with?

ULEWZ

Nov 27, 2018
Northridge, Ca
No pedals come with the Trances, so that is a must. I bought the Oneup Components Composite Pedals in blue for my bike, and in black for the wifes.

Seats, ya it came with one, but it is in the shed collecting dust now. I ended up buying the WTB Volt saddle for both our bikes.

The wife kept the stock Giant grips, but I changed to the Ergon GT1 grip shift grips.

As for the handlebars, I need to raise mine a bit (30 to 45mm?), and the wife wants hers raised a bit also, so I need some ideas for this one please?

RobNevyn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Nov 19, 2018
Central Coast NSW Australia
Pedals: I ended up with the Giant Pinner DH Flats.
Seat: Initially looked at the SQLabs 60x but are out of stock in Oz so went with the WTB Volt Team.
Bars: Not changed the bars yet but will be getting some risers soon for sure, looking at the Renthal Fatbar Lite in 30 or 40mm, have not decided on Carbon or Alloy yet. If I do go carbon I am also looking at Enve M7's with 40mm rise. Hard to determine if the alloy bars will have some flex in them and also how much more flex the carbon will have and if the extra money is worth it.
Grips: Looking at the Specialized Contour Locking grips or Ergon GA3's.

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley
I have a 2018 Levo. It came with specialized alloy pedals - pretty nice and comparable to my old DMR V12's. Grips wise, took the factory Specialized ones off for some Renthal Kevlar ones. I really liked them from previous bikes I had.

Saddle..Hmm, not sure why I changed the factory one because that was very comfy for me. But i ended up changing to a Selle Italia SLR Superflow Saddle. Completely eliminated the numbness I was getting on my commute which is 37 miles each way (I do that 2x per week).

Will upgrade to some clipless pedals in 2019 when I start to commute on my Levo as many days as possible.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles