• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered What quality brands clothing For a 50 yr old?

Shifty

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 29, 2019
Wiltshire
I want some quality clothing for rides.
A hoodie would be good and a decent pair of shorts with inners etc.
Don’t want to look like a Lycra MAMIL and also don’t want to look like a teen at a bike park!
help on cool brands for a fifty year old in UK?

crazyethnic

Sep 26, 2018
Australia Victoria
NZO Active wear from New Zealand made by mountain bike riders for mountain bike riders are the best gear on the planet am still wearing stuff I bought off them 20 years ago just got some new shorts not long ago and am waiting on a full kit I purchased last week the most comfy hard wearing stuff you will ever buy GIVE IT A 10\10.

Dec 18, 2019
UK
NZO Active wear from New Zealand made by mountain bike riders for mountain bike riders are the best gear on the planet am still wearing stuff I bought off them 20 years ago just got some new shorts not long ago and am waiting on a full kit I purchased last week the most comfy hard wearing stuff you will ever buy GIVE IT A 10\10.

I called into NZO whilst in Rotorua a couple of years back (Rotorua Redwoods is totally awesome riding, as is Kaiteriteri) and their gear is very nice, but the fit was off for me. I would say that, if you're taller than average and not a skinny roadie frame, you'll be better off with Ground Effect. Tops weren't so bad, but the NZO shorts were an odd fit on my frame. The GE Merino tops are the perfect wear for UK conditions and, as [posted by crazyethnic, i'm still wearing stuff that's 20+ years old.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
for me the main thing I look for in short or pants is either a ratchet strap closure or belt loops, I find most kit doesn't fit exactly right so having the ability to run a belt, or have a ratchet closure is essential - velcro adjusters just dont cut it for me

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles