• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered What quality brands clothing For a 50 yr old?

Shifty

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 29, 2019
Wiltshire
I want some quality clothing for rides.
A hoodie would be good and a decent pair of shorts with inners etc.
Don’t want to look like a Lycra MAMIL and also don’t want to look like a teen at a bike park!
help on cool brands for a fifty year old in UK?

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Don’t want to look like a Lycra MAMIL and also don’t want to look like a teen at a bike park!

Last year I bought the Endura MT 500 waterproof trousers, waterproof jacket, spray trousers and spray shorts and the matching clickfast armoured liner shorts.

They were not cheap but had good reviews, and I have found them all to be very comfortable and well-made.

My last shorts and liners were also Endura, and they lasted about 15 years.

Each year shops seem to sell out of Endura clothing early in the season, which I take to be a good sign.

Unfortunately I was 50 quite some time ago, but feel considerably younger than that since I got my E-MTB!

Shifty

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 29, 2019
Wiltshire
Last year I bought the Endura MT 500 waterproof trousers, waterproof jacket, spray trousers and spray shorts and the matching clickfast armoured liner shorts.

They were not cheap but had good reviews, and I have found them all to be very comfortable and well-made.

My last shorts and liners were also Endura, and they lasted about 15 years.

Each year shops seem to sell out of Endura clothing early in the season, which I take to be a good sign.

Unfortunately I was 50 quite some time ago, but feel considerably younger than that since I got my E-MTB!
I will def check them Endura out.

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Endura Hummvee shorts for me, 3/4 are great, just ordered above the knee as well. They do some great t shirts and long sleeves as well. Designed in Scotland, on the principle of "Nemo me impune lacessit".

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I would second, third and fourth the Endura line. Great quality, very good design, loose fitting - what more do you need?

If you like high performance clothing in other areas of your life, check out Mens Outdoor Clothing - Mens Travel Clothes & Accessories | Rohan
It doesn't matter whether you are a walker, climber, epic traveller to extreme climates, or just someone who just likes to work and travel comfortably, Rohan has the stuff for you. I'm a fan. :love:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I also wear Endura. Originally because they did sizes for biffas but now because it's reasonable quality and fits well.

Fox gear is nice, but I'm no dentist...

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
Welcome to the 50's club, I'm 53 and wear many brands but for pure quality and longevity you can't go wrong with, www.7mesh.com, none of it comes cheap but the quality is second to none, the guy's behind the brand were designers at a superb brand called Arc'teryx which is the pinnacle for outdoor clothing, happy shopping.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I have a mixed bag of stuff - Fox, Endura, Altura and Gore Bike Wear.
I really like the Gore stuff, fits really well and high quality.
I have Gore goretex shorts, trousers and jacket which are all excellent for riding in the rain or wet conditions!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I bought a pair of the Decathlon AM shorts recently. They’re shite. Sent them back and bought Endura Humvees instead.

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
How do you guys find the sizing on the Endura Humvees?

I've read that they come up small, i.e. order the next size up, Is that your experiences?

I'm a 35 waist so inbetween a Medium and large, what would you recommend?

Shifty

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 29, 2019
Wiltshire
How do you guys find the sizing on the Endura Humvees?

I've read that they come up small, i.e. order the next size up, Is that your experiences?

I'm a 35 waist so inbetween a Medium and large, what would you recommend?

I normally fit a 34 waist. My shorts arrived and they are fine, the inners seem very tight around the thighs. In my opinion if you're a 35 def go large.

cabbynate

Sep 30, 2019
Las Vegas NV
I'm 54 and I have to admit I ride in mainly Fox gear. I do have some pants from Club Ride Appeal that are nice and they have a great line of functional clothing that can take you from the trail to a casual lunch meeting without a blink. (Unless your covered in mud and sweat lol)

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles